navigation

Thursday 21 December 2017

Recent Beauty Buys #DitsyDecember


I haven't done a good ol', proper collective beauty haul for what feels like forever and with me having picked up a fair amount of bits 'n' bobs these past few weeks - yes, even though it is Christmas, I still find myself treating myself too *oops* - I figured it was about time I recitifed that. Wanna see what I've been buying over the past month or so? Just keep on reading...

First up - what I feel is kinda the best part, in my opinion - Makeup - and I firstly picked up the NYX Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette in 'Brights'. As most of you probably know, I already own the 'Warm Neutrals' Edition of this palette set-up and love it - both shade-wise and in terms of the quality of the shadows themselves too - and I so, I really fancied picking up this colour scheme too. I actually bought this quite a while ago, yet haven't gotten round to featuring it, or even using it, until now and boy - am I excited now the time has finally come. I have nothing like this in my collection and with me being such a lover of makeup and always wanting to try out an even wider variety of eye looks, I feel this palette could be a really valued addition to my stash. Then, also for the ol' eyes, I spotted this little beauty in-store and just had to pick it up. This is the L'Oreal Infallible 'Merry Metals' Metallic Eye Paint in 'Rude Boy' and oh. my. goodness. is it so super stunning. L'Oreal have basically launched a trio of limited edition shades of their 'Infallible Eye Paints' (that I already own a lot of and love) for the festive season and being a lover of all things warm, shimmery and copper-y - I couldn't resist picking this colour up. Honestly, I had been longing after L'Oreal adding something like this to their 'Infallible Eye Paints' range for ages and so I'm pretty darn pleased to see this kind of colour finally make its way into the line-up - even if it is only for a limited period of time. *Fingers crossed they make it permanent*. I also finally took the plunge and bought the MAC Extended Play Mascara. This has been something that's been on my Wishlist for so, so long and finally, I figured I'd just buy it and give it a go. This is supposedly *the* best mascara out there for the lower lashes as it apparently doesn't smudge or transfer at all and being someone who often struggles with that - I'm hoping this may finally solve all of my problems. Again, I'll keep you lovely lot updated with how it goes... Lips-wise, I picked up a good handful of lip liners. I love a good lip liner for creating a nice shape, making things look a little fuller and plumper and also just generally keeping things in place all-day-long and with it being Christmas, I picked up everything from your everyday nudes to a classic red too. You probably know by now that I am obsessed with the Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liners and there were a few shades I had yet to add to my stash (I know - shocker) and so, I decided to do exactly that at last. I went for 'Cappuccino' (a nice, cool-toned brown that's perfect for contouring and changing the shape/fullness of your lips), 'Spiced Nude' (a warmer, red-toned nude hue) and 'Blushing Nude' (a lighter more pinky/peachy colour). All are just the kind of colours I've been meaning to add to my collection for a while and though Christmas is definitely a time when I'm going to be wearing red basically all of the damn time and kinda neglecting the nudes for once - I thought it was about time I bought these colours any-hoo. So, for that aforementioned red lip that I'll basically be rocking all day, every day - I really needed a new, hot, bright red lip liner. Having recently bought MAC 'Ruby Woo' Lipstick, I was inspired to invest in a red liner that's a little more vibrant and basically works with all of the festive-tinged rouge's and this one from NYX is just perfect. It's one of their Slim Lip Liners in 'Hot Red' and I am so excited to pair it with basically any red I reach for this festive season. I've heard a lot of good things about the lip liners from NYX, so I'm hoping it won't let me down. Then, finally for the ol' Lips, I've seen and heard so much about this lipstick from the lovely Sophie (of 'SophDoesNails') and eventually, I saw it in-store and just had to make a purchase. It's one of the Makeup Revolution Rose Gold Lipsticks and it's in the shade 'Chauffeur' and Soph talks about it - and wears it in photos/videos - so, so much and every time, I love the look of nice, brown-ey nude colour. She's a fellow pale-skinned gal like myself and it always seems to really complement her skin-tone so I'm *hoping* it'll do the same for me too. Then, a couple of 'Tools' - shall we say. I popped into Primark the other day and spotted these and instantly threw a pack into my basket. I have been thinking of buying some of these for a while now and - where better than Primark Beauty, where they're super-affordable too? They're basically some Eyeshadow Shields and having seen so many people use something like this in their makeup routine, I really fancy trying them out for myself. Simply pop them under your eyes for when using any shadows with lots of fall-out; or maybe loose glitters or pigments wheres there's always bound to be; or even for creating a nice winged shape to the eyes with minimal effort - I cannot wait to try them out over Christmas, when I'm bound to be doing at least one, or maybe all three of those things. Then, finally for makeup, I have a makeup brush. I know, another brush - but in my defence - this one is actually a replacement. This is actually a brand spanking new Real Techniques Blush Brush. I've had my current one for a good few years now, it's lasted super well and I use and love my current one so, so much that it has reached a point where I need to replace it and so that's exactly what I did. I'm really excited to start using it - cause who doesn't love a brand new brush, right?

Skincare-wise, I was in need of new day and night creams and whilst repurchasing my faithful Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Day Cream SPF15+, I figured I'd finally try out the night version too - the Regeneration Age Resisting Night Cream. I'm hoping that, if the day version is anything to go by, that the night one will be just as awesome so - I will obviously let you know how I get on! Then, whilst in the Skincare department, I also picked up a new Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask. I've tried a lot of the newer editions of this over the past few months but I haven't used one of the good ol' classic, original ones in what feels like forever and so I thought it was about time I rectified that. This is such a great face mask for when my skin is in desperate need of some serious hydration - something it always craves, but especially at this time of year - so I'm rather excited to crack this out very, very soon...

Moving onto Haircare, I needed a new Shampoo/Conditioner duo and - being a forever fan of all things OGX - I just had to pick up a couple from their (what I believe to be) new range. These are the Hydrate and Colour Reviving Lavender Luminescent Platinum Shampoo and Conditioner. I'm currently using - and loving - their Lemon Highlights Shampoo and Conditioner and find it works so, so well on my dyed-blonde hair. Both are nearing their ends and so, when I spotted this new range - also catered towards us blondies - I knew I had to pick them both up for when my current duo bite the dust. Apparently they both help to hydrate, while also brightening and de-brass-ing the blonde and that's exactly what I tend to look for in shampoos and conditioners nowadays for my hair. I've always loved every single range I've sampled from OGX so *fingers crossed* this one will be no different! I also really needed to pick up a new heat protecting spray, with my current one from Tresemme nearing the end of the bottle right now. I really enjoy that one, but an old favourite was on a pretty good deal and I just couldn't resist picking it back up again. It is the Schwarzkopf Got2B 'Guardian Angel' Heat Protection Spray and I always found this stuff to be great at both shielding my tresses, and also really making them feel and look super sleek and smooth too - so I'm really happy to have it back in my haircare rotation once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS