navigation

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Makeup Products I Will Always Repurchase #DitsyDecember


While I love trying out and discovering new beauty products - especially makeup-wise - there will always be that handful of items that I will forever hold a special place in my heart for and will always come back to, time and time again. Every time I run out, I will almost instantly re-buy - even if I have something else currently on-the-go - as I always like to have one lurking somewhere in my collection, 'just incase'. So, today I thought I'd finally share those makeup products that have made it to that holy-grail kind of status. There are the 'Makeup Products I Will Always Repurchase'...

BOURJOIS HEALTHY MIX FOUNDATION - A glowy-but-not-too-glowy base that's got great, medium coverage that can be easily sheered out or built up depending on your preferences - I have repurchased my shade so, so many times in the past and just know I will always continue to. Though I've tried and loved a lot of other foundations, aside from this one - this is a base I know I'll always have to have a bottle of in my collection somewhere. It's like my 'safety blanket', foundation-wise, if you get what I mean. If I have no idea what base to go for, have run out of everything else, or just can't get anything to work - this is what I'll come back to - and for that reason, I just can't go without having it in my collection.

COLLECTION LASTING PERFECTION CONCEALER - I mean, we all knew this was gonna be in here somewhere, didn't we? This is by far my favourite concealer I've tried and no matter what others I try - besides the one featured below that I use for a different purpose - I just can't find another which competes. This stuff matches my skin-tone perfectly, has amazingly high coverage, meshes into the skin like a dream and comes in at under a fiver too. I love it so much that I always make sure that as soon as I open a tube, I have a fresh one waiting in the wings, ready to replace it. It's that much of an all-time favourite.

RIMMEL LASTING FINISH CONCEALER - You know that 'other' concealer I mentioned? This is the stuff I'm on about. While I love the Collection Lasting Perfection and use it for the majority of my concealer duties, I can't go without this little pot from Rimmel for that final, finishing step. I simply dab some of this thick, pot concealer onto a small, round brush and it's just perfect to add that extra layer of coverage in those precise areas I really need it - such as any hard-to-cover blemishes or the dark inner corners of the eyes, whilst the dry consistency also makes it a great one for cleaning up any makeup mishaps - such as around the brows or underneath my eyeliner - too. It's basically a great, multi-purpose concealer and though I have only had to repurchase this stuff once so far, with you only needing the tiniest amount and all that, I just know I'll instantly go out and re-buy it again whenever I finally need another one...

RIMMEL MATCH PERFECTION TRANSLUCENT LOOSE POWDER - Though I definitely have a firm favourite when it comes to pressed powder - Collection's Primed and Ready Invisible Setting Powder, I'm lookin' at you - in all honesty, right now the powder that I feel has become most invaluable and I can now not ever imagine not repurchasing or replacing with something different is this translucent, loose powder from Rimmel. I tried out the whole 'baking' concept earlier this year - where you basically apply a layer of translucent loose powder and leave it to sit on the skin for a while before dusting it off - and of all of the versions I've tried, this one is by far my favourite. It's really finely-milled, feels surprisingly lightweight on the skin and is completely colourless. Also, most importantly, it never, ever 'flashes back' - cause ain't nobody got time for looking like Caspar The Friendly Ghost...

NYX BLUSH IN 'TAUPE' - This 'blush' - but that I actually use as an awesome contour - was a discovery I made this year and though I'm yet to even hit pan on my first one, I just know that as soon as I do, I'll need to add a replacement into my stash almost immediately. As I said, despite being marketed as a powder blush, this actually makes for an awesome sculptor for my pale skin-tone. It's got this purple-y, ashy undertone that just adds such a 'natural' shadow and depth to my face and while intensely-pigmented, the formula blends out like a dream. It's basically the best contour product I've tried - and to think, without other people's recommendation, I wouldn't even think to use of it in that way...

SOAP AND GLORY 'SOLAR POWDER' BRONZER - Though right now, I am fully obsessing over a bronzer from Essence, I have to admit that my all-time favourite has to be this little beauty from Soap and Glory. A split pan; with one lighter, honey-tone on one side and a slightly darker hue on the other - this will forever be my fail-safe, go-to bronzer if I have nothing else or just want something that I know will work and look good, time and time again. It's completely shimmer-free - a must bronzer-wise, in my opinion - and is just pigmented enough so that it deposits colour, without making you look orange or muddy almost instantly. It's a winner, basically.

THEBALM MARY-LOU MANIZER LUMINIZER - I have so, so many highlighters in my collection that I wold happily re-buy time and time again but ultimately, when I come to think about it, the one which really stands out as something I can never imagine not having lurking in my stash somewhere is this little beauty. This is the highlighter I always return to, if I have no idea what one to wear or if I'm perhaps using something else and want to add that extra 'pop'. A gorgeous, light champagne-gold - it works awesomely alone, but also equally paired with virtually anything else in my collection and for that reason, I just know that when I finally do run out (I actually hit pan quite a while ago!) I will have to make a repurchase, asap.

URBAN DECAY EYESHADOW PRIMER POTION - Again, I think we all knew this was gonna crop up in this post somewhere. I have already repurchased this one so, so many times and I think I will always continue to as I just can't find, and also kinda don't want to find anything else. This acts as such a great base for eyeshadow - whether powder, cream or liquid - and no matter what I place on top, I know that with a layer of this stuff underneath, things are guaranteed to stay in place and also stay as vibrant and not crease or flake off - all. day. long. You only need the tiniest amount at a time and a tube actually lasts what feels like forever before I have to repurchase - which is always a bonus considering it's slightly higher in price.

NYX EPIC INK LINER - Admittedly, this is more of a new addition to this line-up as I've only really become obsessed with it during this past year, but trust me, I can see myself continuing to repurchase it for a long time to come. The brush applicator makes it easy to get a precise, sharp line and the formula is super-duper rich and black in colour. No watery, grey liner to be seen here, thank you very much. The finish is nice and matte and fully opaque and once dry - it stays in place, all day long. Like I said, I really cannot see myself trying or using any other liquid liner for a good while now...

L'OREAL COLOUR RICHE LIP LINER COUTURE IN 'BEIGE A NU' - Lips-wise, there really isn't much in my collection that I have re-bought already or know, for sure that I'll definitely repurchase when the time comes - apart from this lip liner from L'Oreal. I already have another on-the-go and now it's slotted right into my collection, I really cannot see myself not having it in there somewhere. I have a lot of lip liner faves - especially in the nude department - but this one has to be one of my top go-to's. It matches up to my natural lip colour almost perfectly and so is the lip liner I always gravitate towards when wanting a super-natural effect, or if I really want to overline my lips without them looking crazy.

URBAN DECAY ALL-NIGHTER SETTING SPRAY - Finally, something I most definitely know I will never not repurchase - and it is, of course, this awesome setting spray from Urban Decay. If you've been reading round these parts for a while, you'll most likely already know that no matter what other makeup fixing sprays I try - this one is always the one I come back to, and will always remain my ultimate favourite. Yes, there's others that are good (and that may be a little cheaper too), but in my opinion there's nothing with such a super-fine mist that meshes my makeup together and really locks it into place like the All Nighter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS