navigation

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Polish Pick: Christmas Copper #DitsyDecember


It may well be the third 'Polish Pick' of #DitsyDecember (you can find my other two here and here), but this most recent look I've been sporting on my nails and it's just too darn pretty (even if I do say so myself) not to share it. It's a good ol' warm, rich, copper-based concoction that we all know and love and honestly, works perfectly as a kind of alternative to the more 'traditional' reds, golds and greens that are more usually associated with the festive period. Wanna find out how I did it? Just keep on reading...

First off, I applied a nice, even layer of the Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in 'Brick Shimmer'. This is a stunning pure metallic copper that, while is so gorgeous worn alone, works like a dream when used as a base for a more layered, detailed look like this. I only use one coating rather than my usual two coats, as usual for looks like this, as it doesn't matter if the colour isn't fully, fully opaque when you're gonna be adding so much shimmer, glitter and sparkle over the top! Then, to get the sparkly situ' started - I went in with another awesome lacquer from Maybelline - also from their Color Show Range. It's called 'Pink Party Dress' (a very apt name for the season, right?) and it's basically the near-exact same colour as 'Brick Shimmer' - yet in more of a finely-milled glitter/shimmer format. It actually gives pretty good coverage - most likely due to the glitter being so fine in texture - and so, again, I find just one good layer of this stuff works perfectly fine. Again, you could just as well leave things there - and at any other time, I probably would too - but it's Christmas, right? And, if you can't really go 'in' during the festive season, when can you? So, for that final, extra-glistening finishing touch - I went in with the gorgeous H&M Beauty Nail Polish in 'Copper Cascade'. This, again, matches up to the coppery tones of the previous two polishes nearly identically - yet, with it being the last lacquer I'm using, this is the least-coverage, yet also most-glittery finish of the lot. It's a very large, chunky glitter, but it still packs a punch on just one coat and what I really love about it is that, when you look really closely, you'll see that the copper flecks are interspersed with true, light gold ones too. It's subtle, yet mixes things up and adds a nice touch of 'difference' and added texture to the finished effect - among all of the 'all out copper-ness'. Oooh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS