navigation

Saturday 16 December 2017

False Lash Faves #DitsyDecember


With Christmas festivities in full swing - thoughts are turning to the upcoming party season - and with that, comes thoughts of just what we want to wear, out hair and also our makeup. I've said it many times before that for me, Christmas is just even more of an excuse to go glam with your makeup - and personally, part of that for me is whacking on a good ol' pair of lashes. Over the past couple of years, I have well and truly gotten into wearing lashes fairly regularly for nights out and events and with the festive season typically being jam-packed full of those types of things - what better time to compile a little list of some of my personal favourites, faux-lash wise? Let's jump right on in...

FLEUR X EYLURE 'FLEUR AND FABULOUS' LASHES - The one lash style that I've probably worn the most this whole year has been this gorgeous design from the lovely Fleur's range with Eylure. I've spoken many a time before how much I adore her whole collection and this style has to be my favourite, favourite that I've tried. They're the most 'full-on' and dramatic of them all, yet, as with the whole range, they're still totally wearable. The ends are nicely tapered and feathery and so they still look soft on the eyes and though they're quite dense, they remain quite lightweight on the eyes. They're easy to apply, are super-comfortable to wear and last all night long. If it's a perfect party lash that you're after this festive season - look no further...

ARDELL DEMI WISPIES - The classic false lashes from the affordable/drugstore scene - these were recommended to me time and time again and it's only after at last giving into the hype that I finally realised how truly amazing they are. I've also recently bought their 'Double Up Demi's' to try - having been so impressed by the originals - but as these are such a fail-safe for me, I felt I had to stick to the classic style when featuring them in a post like this. Again, this is a super-full false lash; but this style also has a slightly messy finish and gently wings out towards the outer edges; creating a really fluttery finish. They're great for any eye look, but I particularly find them awesome worn with a liquid cat-flick and though they look dramatic, they're super uber-feminine and pretty too!

CHERYL X EYLURE 'GIRLS NIGHT' LASHES - Before becoming all kinds of obsessed with the 'Fleur and Fabulous' lashes, these were my go-to's for when I wanted to rock a pair of falsies - usually on a night out. I mean, how well were these named, right? These are probably the most dramatic of them all and also probably the most 'fake-looking' - if you get what I mean. Like, all false lashes look fake to a certain extent because - that's exactly what they are - but these lashes, while still very pretty on the eyes, are much less tapered at the tips and look a little heavier on the eyes and so admittedly, aren't the most natural design out there. But, it's the party season after all and if you can't rock a dramatic par of lashes at Christmas - when can you, eh?

FLEUR X EYLURE 'FULLY FLEUR' LASHES - Yes, I know, another style from Fleur's range that I really, really like. They're very similar to the 'Fleur Loves' - which is probably her most iconic, popular style from the whole collection - but I think this design which came a little later on from the original launch just takes the biscuit ever-so-slightly. They've got the same layered, messy, crossed-over effect but come all of the way in rather than being a three-quarter lash and that's personally more ideal for me. They have a slightly winged-out effect that really lifts and creates a gorgeous fluttery look to the eyes - and again, makes a perfect pairing with any sort of winged eyeliner - and, like the above 'Fleur and Fabulous' style - have tapered ends for that softer, more elegant feel.

INDIVIDUAL LASHES! - If none of those strip lashes I've mentioned already are at all up your street, I'd highly recommend trying some individual lashes instead. Personally, I don't tend to wear them that often myself but I definitely have done many a time in the past when I just want to add some subtle flutter - mainly to the outer corners of my eyes - or if I want a more customisable finish for me that often, a strip lash doesn't offer. So many brands do them nowadays - and do them really well too - but my favourites have always been the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Individual Lashes. I don't even know if they still make these anymore, but whenever I have use them, I've always gotten along with them relatively easily. They're lightweight, not too hard to apply, stick and stay on the eyes nicely and are slightly tapered towards the ends and so mesh in with your natural lashes really well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS