navigation

Monday 11 December 2017

Favourite Festive Glow-Givers #DitsyDecember


I love highlighter all year round - I mean, doesn't everyone? I've built up quite the large, extensive collection over the years and though I love every single one pretty equally and reach for them all regularly at various points over the year - there's always certain seasons, or events that sometimes make me gravitate towards a certain product, or colour scheme. In the Summer, I love reaching for more pinky, peachy highlighters; whilst right now, in the run-up to Christmas, I am admittedly all about the golds, glow-wise. It's a cliche, but once the festive season is upon us, I am straight-on going for gold and I ain't even sorry about it. Wanna know some of my favourite, go-to glows right now, this Christmas? Keep on reading...


SLEEK HIGHLIGHTING PALETTE IN 'CLEOPATRA'S KISS' - Kicking off with highlighter palettes, this gorgeous gilded quad of colours just calls out for Christmas. Comprised of four warm, gold glows - from a lighter bronze to a deeper, richer copper and everything in-between - this is the perfect one-stop shop in terms of having everything golden, highlighter-wise, in one place. It also varies in textures - two creams, two baked powders - and so there really is something for everyone in here, no matter what colouring or format you're after. All for under a tenner - bargain...

SOPH X MAKEUP REVOLUTION HIGHLIGHTER PALETTE - The second and last palette offering in this line-up comes in the form of one of my latest glowy loves - this awesome collaboration between the lovely SophDoesNails and Makeup Revolution. This palette houses a grand total of eight highlighters - yes, eight! - and there really is something for everyone in this bad boy. You've basically got every and any highlighter hue you'd ever need and while I love each one just as much as the next, I am super excited to start getting proper use out of the slightly warmer, golden hues. The whole top row is full of varying tones of golden-glow-goodness that just screams 'Christmas' and I actually find that, whether used alone or combined together, I can make all of them work perfectly fine for my paler skintone. Winner!

THEBALM MARY-LOU MANIZER LUMINIZER - Moving onto 'single' highlighters - at least, in powder form - and, I mean, we all knew this would be making an appearance in here somewhere, didn't we? This beauty from theBalm has been probably my most-used, go-to highlighter ever since it first made it way into my collection a couple of years back. A great, everyday light golden champagne - it's something I reach for on the regular pretty much all year round - but I think I adore it even more come the festive season. As I said, this is an easy, everyday highlighter for me and that applies over Christmas too. When perhaps I don't want to go full-on gold, gold with my glow and want something a little more on the parred back' end of the spectrum - this will be what I reach for. The powder formula is so creamy and so, so intense in pigment that you can easily send signals to Space, even if you try and go n with a lighter hand. But, I mean, if you can't go full-out blinding with your highlighter at Christmas - when can you?

MAKEUP REVOLUTION VIVID BAKED HIGHLIGHTER IN 'GOLDEN LIGHTS' - Another light golden glow that just calls out for Christmas is this pretty recent addition to my stash - one of the Vivid Baked's from good ol' Makeup Revolution. These (as the name suggests) baked highlighters don't initially look to be particularly pigmented or intense but, once you actually go in on the high points of the face - it. is. blinding. This is more of an iridescent, white-gold that appears a little more icy in some lights and then a tad more warm and golden in others and it works like a dream on my fair skintone. It's super affordable, does the job amazingly well and I'm really happy I've picked it up in time for gettin' my glow on this Christmas...

TANYA BURR COSMETICS ILLUMINATING POWDER IN 'CHAMPAGNE SORBET' - You all know by now that I am a huge fan of Tanya Burr Cosmetics. For such an affordable brand that, admittedly, is produced by a 'YouTuber' (we all know that can sometimes carry negative connotations) - it is an awesome brand and this highlighter just further proves that. Launched back this Summer, it has been a firm favourite of mine ever since. Again, this super-pretty, marbled powder is really firmly 'baked' into the pan with next to no fall-out and so, upon digging your brush in, you'd be forgiven in thinking you were getting no colour payoff - but don't be fooled. The lightest touch of this stuff goes such a long, long way and you quite literally need just one swipe to get a full-on, blinding glow that, unlike some powders, sits really lightweight on the skin too. As the name suggests, this is a gorgeous champagne hue and while it does look a tad deeper in the pan than some in my collection, once applied onto the skin, I still find it to work well for my paler complexion and all in all - is a particularly stunning highlighter for this time of year. Glow, baby, glow...

PRIMARK PURE GLOW HIGHLIGHTER IN 'BRUNCH CLUB' - Another recent addition to my stash - yes, I know - comes from Primark. And you might not initially think Primark would be the place to go to, glow-wise, but actually, I have a few of theirs in my collection now that are really rather awesome and this newest addition is no exception. The pretty, light champagne hue is very comparable to the above offering from Tanya Burr Cosmetics - it's equally pretty design-wise too - but I can justify as I would say this Primark offering is just ever-so-slightly more cooler-toned and champagne, champagne, as opposed to the warmer, more golden tones of TB's. Don't get me wrong though, it's still very much golden in undertone - hence why it's in this very Christmassey post - and for only £3, oh my, is it super rich in pigment.

NYX DUO CHROMATIC ILLUMINATING POWDER IN 'SNOW ROSE' - If golden glows are so much of your kinda thang - perhaps check this little beauty from NYX out. Unlike pretty much all of the other highlighters in this post, this is far more cool-toned glow. In the pan, this colour looks straight-up icy white, but once applied, it has this gorgeous, pinky duo-chrome effect to it. It's a tad more 'out there' than other highlighters, but actually, I find this colour to be quite wearable on the skin itself and I mean, if you can't experiment and have even more fun with your makeup at Christmas - when can you, eh?

SOAP AND GLORY 'GLOW ALL OUT' HIGHLIGHT AND SCULPT STICK - Finally - moving onto awesome creams and liquid highlighters that I head straight towards come Christmas-time. This cream stick from good ol' Soap and Glory, again, is a tad more icy and champagne as opposed to straight-up gold but it's still something I can see being a staple this time of year. It's super-sheeney and glowy, yet not at all chunky and as always with creams and liquids - not only do they make a great standalone golden glow - they also work great as a base for powder highlighters to be layered over the top, and be even more intense, pigmented and blinding. Oh yeahhh.

COLLECTION SPEEDY HIGHLIGHTER IN 'PEARL SHEEN' - The second and last cream highlighter stick that I feel is a staple at the festive season is this bargain from Collection. At only £3.99 - this. is. stunning. As the name suggests, it's a tad more pearlescent in colouring than the above champagne glow and it's also a tad lighter too - making it even more of a great option for us guys and gals with fairer skin. The  shimmer in this is probably even more super lightweight and finely-milled than the above and so deposits a really natural, healthy radiant look as opposed to anything straight-out glittery - but it's still strong enough to make an impact, yanno?

NYX 'AWAY WE GLOW' LIQUID HIGHLIGHTER IN 'CRYSTAL GLARE' - Last, but certainly by no means least - we have an awesome liquid highlighter. Honestly, colour-wise, this is basically identical to my beloved theBalm Mary-Lou. It's that perfect, light, warm champagne-y gold and I actually find it super handy having basically the exact same tone - just in liquid format. The handy doe-foot applicator makes application a breeze - just swipe it on, blend with your finger and you're done and the formula itself allows you a nice amount of playtime before things set into place, letting you achieve a seamless blend everytime. Of all of the liquidised glows I've ever come across, this has to be one of the best - and it's super great for the festive season too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS