navigation

Tuesday 26 December 2017

Moment Of Makeup - Christmas Day Edition #DitsyDecember


One thing I always love about Christmas, aswell as the family and the food and all of that good stuff - is the excuse to get your glam on. I mean, I don't think I ever need a proper excuse to do that, but come the festive season I really do like to go all-out and as what has sort of become a tradition round these parts, I thought I'd show you lovely lot just what I'm planning on slapping on my face, makeup-wise, come The Big Day. Let's get started...

As I normally like to when doing a more full-on eye look, I' m starting with my ol' peepers first and firstly priming them with my trusty Urban Decay Primer Potion. Set into place with a light dusting of pressed powder, this stuff never fails to make my eyeshadows look great and keep things crease-free and in place all day long. Then, for eyeshadow itself,  I am of course going to be using what has to be my favourite palette from this year - the Soph X Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow Palette. Since buying this earlier on in the year, it's basically all I've used, shadow-wise, since and so I couldn't not reach for it this Christmas either. I'm firstly going in with the light transition shade, 'Pancakes' in my crease and outer corner, before taking the gorgeous 'Copper Coin' (a gorgeous warm, orangey copper shimmer) over the outer half of my lid. I blend out the edges, before going in with 'Sparks Fly' (the light, yellow-based gold) on the inner half of my lid, right up to the inner corner. Cause we all know it wouldn't be a festive eye look without some gold, right? To finish things off, I build up the crease and outer corner even further using a mixture of the orange matte shade 'Pumpkin' and the matte burgundy red 'Danger' to add some further depth and warm-coloured festive flavour; before using the light champagne colour 'Fairy Lights' as an inner corner and brow-bone highlight. Although, I also couldn't resist adding some extra sparkle to the inner corners with the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in 'Pyro'. I mean, for that added special something for Christmas, you just have to go for some glitter, don't you? And to pair with the golden tones of my eyeshadow, I of course went in with some golden glitter on the lids - firstly with yet another glitter liner, Collection's Glam Crystals in 'Funk, a gorgeous light gold. That worked perfectly well as an initial layer of sparkle, however I did feel it needed some extra 'somethin' somethin'  for the extra special occasion and so afterwards I went in with the NYX Face and Body Glitter in 'Gold'. The glitter liner had already created a slightly tacky base for the glitter to cling to, but to be extra safe I did apply a light layer of the NYX Glitter Primer over the top just to really ensure things stick into place, before using the same brush to pack on the glittery stuff in the exact same area and oh boy, did it work a treat. I then mirrored the exact same eyeshadow shades I used on my lid on my lower lash-line - building up the deeper shades on the outer half/third, before adding the lighter shimmers towards the inner corner, before taking my faithful NYX Epic Ink Liner to create that classic feline flick on my upper lash-line. I also added a light layer of Tanya Burr Cosmetics Selfie Lash Mascara on my upper lashes - and MAC's Extended Play Mascara on my lower lashes - before applying the Fleur De Force x Eylure 'Fully Fleur' Lashes for that not-too-dramatic but very full and fluttery finish. Finally, to complete the eyes, I also did my brows - using my usual combination of the Fleur x Eylure Brow Define Pencil in 'Medium' to fill them in and the Essence Make Me Brow in 'Browny Brows' to set, tint and add some extra full-ness.

Moving onto the Face, I firstly moisturised using the Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Day Cream, before priming with the Maybelline SuperStay 24Hr Primer to create a nice, smooth base that'll keep things in place all day long too. Then, for foundation, I used my current fave - the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation - before concealing with my all-time fave, Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer and adding some extra coverage in the dark inner corners of the eyes or on any pesky blemishes with the Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer. I then set things into place with a dusting of the Collection Primed and Ready Invisible Setting Powder, before baking in certain areas (e.g. under the eyes, around the smile lines) to really lock things into place with extra coverage using my trusty Rimmel Match Perfection Silky Loose Powder. Complexion-wise, I started my sculpting out those cheekbones and facial features in general using my current favourite - the NYX Blush in 'Taupe'. While deemed as a 'blush'; the dusky, purple-undertone actually works awesomely well as a contour shade for my paler skin and I especially just can't pass up on it for my Christmas Makeup. I then add some much-needed colour and bronzey-ness back into my face using my Essence Sun Club Bronzer in '01 Sunkissed', before what may just be my favourite, favourite makeup step - highlighter. It took me a little while to decide what one to reach for on The Big Day itself, but in the end I plumped for what might have to be my favourite glow-giver (or should we say glow givers) of the year - the Soph X Makeup Revolution Highlighter Palette. I mean, I'm using the eyeshadow palette, so why shouldn't I complete the pairing and don one of the highlighters from her equally-amazing highlighter palette too? And, obviously, being a paler gal like myself, I went for the lightest, pearly white-ish gold and oh boy - is it a stunner. Perfect for my skin-tone, and super-duper intense and blinding. just what you want for Christmas, right? Finally, I then, of course, set everything into place using my beloved Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray - a must have for when you want your makeup to really 'meh together' and most importantly, last and look awesome all day long. Oh yeah...

Then, last but certainly by no means least - Lips. And what would a Christmas Day Makeup Look be without a good ol' red lip, right? So to line 'em, I firstly went in with the NYX Slim Lip Pencil in 'Hot Red' - the perfect bright rogue hue that pairs perfectly with basically any and every true Christmassey red in my stash - and in the end, I eventually went for one in particular that I felt just had to be the red I wore on Christmas Day itself, the Barry M Matte Me Up Liquid Lip Paint in 'Paparazzi'. Not only are these liquid lipsticks my favourite formula I've tried' this bright red is just stunning and super-festive and so I just couldn't resist in wearing this on The Big Day this year. And you know the best part? As well as it looking pretty darn awesome colour-wise, with it being a matte liquid lip texture and all, it actually lasts pretty well throughout all of the (often food-related) trials and tribulations of Christmas Day and actually doesn't feel too uncomfortable either. It's basically a winner and well worthy of being part of what I wore, makeup-wise, this Christmas Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS