navigation

Wednesday 27 December 2017

Polish Pick: Christmas Day Edition #DitsyDecember


With Christmas all over and done with for another year - boo! - I thought I'd keep the festive spirit going just a little bit longer and show you all what I chose to rock on my nails this Christmas. Let's get started...

First off, I started by using my Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish in 'Oh My Gold'. This is a gorgeous golden, shimmery lacquer that's actually interspersed with larger silver flecks - giving the overall effect a more ashy, cool-toned finish than your typical warmer, yellow-y gold polishes that you usually come across. The main bulk of the glitter is so super finely-milled that it gives an overall metallic-like effect with amazing coverage, so I only needed two, even coats to get the kind of effect I was looking for. Then, to add even more extra-special festive sparkle, I went in with the Barry M Nail Paint in 'Majestic Sparkle'. This was a fairly new addition to my nail polish collection and ever since becoming a member earlier this month, it has become a fast favourite - hence why I chose to utilise it for this nail look. A glitter made up of slightly deeper, bronzey gold flecks and also some cooler, green-y gold particles - it's super pretty and perfect for both matching in with the kind of tones we've already got going on, whilst also gradually adding some depth. Then, I wanted to add some sort of texture and dimension to what was feeling rather overloaded with finer shimmer and so, I just had to go in wit a proper, full-out glitter. You know the deal. And what better than the Seventeen Glitter Nail Polish in 'Gold'? A clear polish base, packed with tonnes of - predominantly larger, but also some finer - true gold flecks, it. is. just. awesome. It really completed the look (even though I went in with one final lacquer after this, *oops*) and adds that, as I said, kind of dimension that a lot of the time, I feel a glittery-based look needs and it certainly worked a treat for these nails. But, as I mentioned, I just had to go in with one final (I promise) polish to completely finish the look - a good ol' (glittery) top coat - and I obviously had to use my Rimmel Finishing Touch Top Coat. Not only does it seal things into place, but it also adds that final finishing touch of shimmer and the golden undertone of it matches up to this look almost perfectly. It's safe to say I was rather pleased with how this year's Christmas Nails came out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS