navigation

Friday 29 December 2017

New Year's Makeup Essentials #DitsyDecember


These past few years, I have always gone 'out out' for New Year's and though I know a lot of people love staying in to ring in January 1st, I also know a lot of others like to do the same. Much like Christmas, I like to put a lot of thought into what sort of makeup I want to rock come New Years and while I could have easily done a post like I did last week where I talked you through my full Christmas Day Makeup - although, of course this time for New Year's Eve - I figured instead I would talk you all though just a handful of products that I'd deem 'essentials' for your New Year Makeup Menu...

A FULL COVERAGE-ISH FOUNDATION - Now, unless a full, full, coverage base is your typical kind of thang, I'm not necessarily saying you need to go all-out - but just an awesome foundation with good, solid coverage is always a great shout for your New Year's Eve Makeup. Something to just even your complexion out and create that perfect base for everything else to go over the top of and ensure you look all flawless and fabulous for New Year's. Personally, I'm more of a medium-to-full-ish coverage type of gal, so that's more of the level I'm going to be sticking to come December 31st and if you're anything like me, I'd highly recommend bases such as my faithful Bourjois Healthy Mix, or a more current favourite - Maybelline's Dream Satin Liquid. Both are very similar to each other - not too glowy, nor too matte; with medium-full-ish coverage, a smooth, even finish and great lasting power - and even better, both are from the drugstore too!

A WHAM-BAM, BLINDING HIGHLIGHTER - If you can't go all-out with your highlighter game come NYE, when can you? I personally love a blinding highlighter all-year-round, but especially come December 31st - it is just a must, in my opinion. I have so, so many recommendations - powder, cream and liquid - that I could easily throw into play from my personal collection, so perhaps check out one of my recent posts here, where I run through my favourite festive-tinged, golden glows for the season of all formats and formulations and prepare to definitely not be disappointed...

A SUPER PITCH-BLACK LIQUID LINER - Liquid liner may well not be for everyone, but I know it is for a lot of us - myself included - and so I just had to throw my personal favourite in here somewhere. Especially as, at least for myself, liquid liner is something that's certainly going to be a key feature in my NYE Makeup. Get yourself a good liquid liner for New Year's Eve and you're set in terms of getting your feline flick on fleek. And personally, the NYX Epic Ink Liner is exactly that for me. The brush tip is really easy use and relatively fool-proof in getting a sharp flick, the formula is super black and rich in pigment and the finish is completely matte too. It's a winner!

A FULL AND FLUTTERY PAIR OF FALSE LASHES - If there's one item of makeup that I would personally say is the ultimate NYE essential - it has to be a good ol' pair of false lashes, right? A must-have whenever I want to get my full-beat glam on - and that's exactly what my makeup look for New Year's Eve is going to be all about. I have a lot of favourites - once again, check out a previous post I did earlier this month here for my top picks - but if I had to pick one favourite, favourite - I guess it would have to be the Fleur De Force x Eylure 'Fleur and Fabulous' Lashes. The lashes I've worn the most consistently every time I want a proper full-on pair of lashes, usually for when I'm going 'out out'; they're super full and dramatic, and yet still super feathery, fluttery and flirty at the same time and I just love them.

A CLASSIC NUDE LIP - Finally, last but certainly by no means least - you can't go wrong with a good ol' nude lip at New Year's Eve. You can ever really go wrong with something neutral on the lips anytime of the year, but especially on December 31st - when you're no doubt drinking, getting merry and just generally having a good time (or at least that's what I'll be doing) - it's kind of a necessity for an easy-to-wear lip option that looks good, but wears well too and for that very reason, while usually I am all about those matte nude's (ala liquid lipstick-style), New Year's is a time when I typically gravitate towards more of a creamy, 'traditional lipstick'-type finish that admittedly wears off easier, but is much easier to re-apply. And lately, the one I've been loving the most has been a pretty recent addition to my stash - the Makeup Revolution Rose Gold Lipstick in 'Chauffeur'. The perfect, browney-nude lipstick that's just the ideal tone for my paler skin; in a super creamy finish that feels super comfortable on the lips - I have become a big fan of this over the past month and I feel like maybe, just maybe, it could be what I choose to wear on my lips come this New Year's Eve...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS