navigation

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Polish Pick: Glittery Gold #DitsyDecember


Gold is a colour I love to wear all-year round on my nails in some way, shape or form - but during the festive season and over Christmas, I go properly 'in' and basically tend to lacquer my nails up in all-out golden goodness. The other week, I did just that and really loved the finished result - so I figured, why not share it with you lovely lot? 

I started off by applying the Barry M Molten Metal Nail Paint in 'Gold Digger'. This is a gorgeous, light, yellow-based gold that always makes me think of Christmas and as always with all of these Molten Metals - the formula is creamy, easy to work with and quickly dries down to a super-shiny, metallised effect. Usually, if I was rockin' this colour alone, I'd go in with a good couple of layers to build the colour up to a totally-opaque finish but as I wanted to go in with a glitter or three afterwards - I did what I always tend to do - and just went in with one, decent coating to act as a base. Cause after-all, it doesn't matter if it's not fully, fully-opaque this time, cause we're gonna cover it with all of the glittery goodness that's to come! I first wanted to add a little more shimmer, shimmer to the situation and picked up the H&M Beauty Nail Polih in 'Gold Rush'. This is also slightly metallic in finish like the first polish I used, but it's a slightly warmer gold and is also packed full of shimmer and so starts to add a lot more texture to the nails already  - which is what I really want to achieve. Then, to build that up even more, I went in with a fairly new polish addition of mine - and also to the range in general, I believe, which is also from good ol' Barry M - their Nail Paint in 'Majestic Sparkle'. A slightly rusted, deeper golden glitter with various smaller and larger flecks; it is, again, gorgeous and works perfectly paired on top of this lighter golden metallic base. You could, of course, leave things there but, obviously, I wanted to add even more texture and depth of colour and so I finally finished things off with another new polish that I've put in my collection lately for the festive season, and - surprise, surprise - it's also from Barry M and it's called 'Pure Sunshine'. I promise this is not intentional. Like 'Majestic Sparkle', I think this lacquer is also part of that same, new-ish drop to the brand - hence why it probably also caught my eye - but actually, it's pretty unique in my current personal collection. A really pretty iridescent gold with flecks of green and blue running through it - this is the perfect 'finisher-offer' for looks like this as it's super light, bright and just makes any polish (or combinations of polishes) look so darn pretty. Yes, yes, that is indeed a total of four nail polishes for one look - but hey, it's Christmas - and if you can't go a tad overboard at this time of year, when can you?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh love the going all out gold and glitter nail look. Adding layers from different polishes is a great idea, I always love a bit of glitter flecks on top to finish off. I haven’t painted my nails in ages, so thanks for the reminder, and Christmas is the perfect excuse! :-) xx

    Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Love layering polishes - such a great way of getting an easily customisable look! Thankyou so much, Merry Christmas! X

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS