navigation

Sunday 3 December 2017

What's On My Wishlist? #DitsyDecember


As soon as December approaches, I think we all start giving some serious thought about what we'd love to receive from our loved ones on Christmas Day. Over time, I've been collating items here, there and everywhere and with me now having built up quite a decently-sized list - I thought I might aswell share them with you all! I actually did a post like this originally in 2015 and also did another a year later, in 2016, so it's becoming quite the tradition now - but I kinda love it. As always, while there are a few exceptions that are just as worthy of being included, beauty definitely features heavily as that is what I am mainly loving all times of the year and when Christmas comes - that just seems to become even more paramount. Some of these are certainly more unrealistic than others, but hey, if you can't lust after pretty, usually very expensive, makeup sets at Christmas - when can you?

REAL TECHNIQUES 'BRUSH CRUSH' RANGE - It wouldn't be a Christmas Wishlist from me if I didn't include a new range from Real Techniques, would it? This is a fresh collection that's Limited Edition - I believe - and they're supposedly 'engineered for performance and also designed to be Instagrammable' and I would definitely wholeheartedly agree with that. Not only do they look to be awesome makeup brushes in their own right - they're also so super stunning aswell. The brushes themselves in terms of the basic set-up looks very similar to the 'Bold Metals' Range, but this time Real Techniques have fully jumped onto the whole 'Unicorn' bandwagon - transforming them with the whole ombre purple bristles and sparkly barrels - and as I said, they just look all kinds of amazing. Right now, they look to be almost all sold-out online at Superdrug (boo!) so maybe I won't get a chance to get my hands on them, but nevertheless, they were just too pretty to not include in this line-up...

URBAN DECAY NAKED HEAT PALETTE - Another makeup item that just had to be included in this list is of course, the Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette. Ever since it was released earlier on this year, it has become a cult favourite and I think we can all see why. It's basically warm tones galore and much like everyone else, I am a big fan of the reds, oranges, pinks and purples on my eyes - and this eyeshadow line-up is absolutely full of 'em! I mean, I definitely do not need anymore warm-toned eyeshadow palettes - who does, eh? - but I've heard so many good things about the quality of Urban Decay eyeshadows and combined with the awesome shade selection, it sure sounds like a winner!

MAKEUP REVOLUTION 'LIFE ON THE DANCEFLOOR' GUESTLIST EYESHADOW PALETTE - Another eyeshadow palette that's just as stunning, but also on the complete other end of the scale price-wise is this new release from Makeup Revolution. As soon as I saw this, I instantly mentally added it onto this wishlist as it. is. just. gorgeous. The brand have actually come out with a total of four, limited edition palettes especially for the festive season and of course, being a big lover of those pretty warm tones - this is the one which really called my name. It's jam-packed full of such lovely, rich colours - in both mattes and shimmers - and if the standard of the last palette I tried from Makeup Rev (the Soph X Makeup Revolution one, you know) is anything to go by - I'm pretty sure the standard considering the amazing price, would be pretty amazing too. If I'm not lucky enough to receive this beauty at Christmas, I definitely think I will be trying to grab hold of it myself...

SOAP AND GLORY 'HELLO SUPER SPA' GIFT SET - I just love a good Soap and Glory gift set at Christmas and this year, it's this little selection that's caught my eye. It's got a whole line-up of a handful of the brand's cult favourites - from bath and body, to skincare and even a bit of makeup - and as is usual with gift-sets, comes in at a lot cheaper than if you were to buy all of the items separately. I have a load of Soap and Glory goodies in my stash currently, but you can never have too many, can you? And, after all, back-ups are always handy!

STILA 'WRITTEN IN THE STARS' GLITTER AND GLOW LIQUID EYESHADOW SET - These liquid glitters/eyeshadows from Stila have been here, there and everywhere this past year and so I guess it's no massive shock that the brand has come out with a gift-set featuring a few varying shades. I have personally never tried them, but I really, really want to as they just look so amazing and while this is definitely one of the more unrealistic inclusions in this post - I just had to throw it in here anyway. Alongside a couple of the 'Glitter and Glow's that we all know and believe there's also one or two 'Shimmer and Glow's' - which I believe are a totally new, previously-unreleased formula - and don't they all just so look pretty? Oooohhh...

TANYA BURR COSMETICS 'SWEET LIP CREAM' GIFT SET - Every single year Tanya Burr Cosmetics completely kills it in terms of their Christmas Range and 2017 really is no different. Last Summer, the hugely-popular 'Matte Lips' were released (basically matte liquid lipsticks) and this festive season, Tanya's packaged two, previously-unreleased shades up into a cute little gift-set. Not only are they totally adorable, they also make for perfect travel-sizes too and both the true red and deep berry hues are just perfect for this time of year.

ZOEVA EYESHADOW BRUSHES - I've mentioned before how I really, really fancy trying out more makeup brushes from Zoeva. I've bought a few singles from the brand before and overall, have been thoroughly impressed - especially with the eye brushes. They're super-soft, apply and blend product really well and have worn really throughout constant usage and washing too - so, I am really in the mood for trying a complete set. In my opinion,eyeshadow brushes are something you can never really have enough of (they're certainly the ones which get the most use and I use the most of in my collection) and so, there's always space for more - right? *Tries to convince herself*.

WET BRUSH MINI POP FOLD IN ROSE GOLD - This year, I finally invested in a 'Wet Brush' and without being dramatic - I think it has to be one of the best purchases I've made in a long time. A hair brush that easily detangles my long, dyed hair; without tugging or pulling - both wet and dry - and is just a breeze to use, I have now been eyeing up this little travel size for one-the-go. Sometimes, you just need to give your hair a brush when out and about and though you can easily pick up little mini hairbrushes here, there and everywhere - more often than not, they're not the kindest things to use - and so, surely a miniature Wet Brush would alleviate all of those issues? And I mean, if that wasn't enough, this one's in a gorgeous rose gold hue - what more could you want, eh?

ADIDAS BURGUNDY GAZELLES - Back at the end of the Summer, I finally caved and bought myself a pair of Adidas Gazelles. Literally a couple of weeks later I had my 'new' foot tattoo and so I had to have a bit of a break from wearing them but these past few weeks, I have been free to rock them again and have been obsessed ever since. I am really glad I plumped for the 'original', Black/White colour scheme as it's classic and goes with virtually anything but, now I am such a fan of the format - I have admittedly been eyeing up other colours too. So far, I have a fair few favourites but of them all - I really, really love the look of the Burgundy. This time of year, I am all about those deep, berry tones and in a shoe that I love? I am kinda tempted. I might well just have to invest in a pair anyway...

LITTLE MIX 'GLORY DAYS' PLATINUM EDITION - Finishing on a less beauty-inspired note - we have a music inclusion. It's not often I buy CD's nowadays - what with the amazing power that is Spotify - but as soon as I saw this was being released, I feel like I might have to make an exception. Over the past couple of years, I have really gotten into Little Mix. They've got bangin' songs, are so amazing live and just generally represent all things #GirlPower - and I am all about that. Like I said, I tend to not buy as many physical CD's anymore - if at all - but this time, I feel a bit differently as for this 'Platinum Edition', there is a documentary of their most recent 'Glory Days' tour and, having been to see them not too long ago, I really fancy giving that a watch. So, if I was to find a copy underneath the tree come Christmas Day - I would not be too unhappy at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS