navigation

Friday 19 January 2018

New In At The Drugstore


Well, I haven't done one of these types of post in a while, have I? I used to do a tonne of 'New In At The Drugstore' posts over the course of the last few years, but towards the latter half of last year they kinda took a back-seat. Honestly, in the last six months of 2017 I could never find a handful of new launches that really interested me and I wanted to pick up (it was more like a couple of releases here and there, yanno?) and I guess I just had other types of posts I wanted to do. However, I resolved to try and re-introduce them back on Dainty Ditsy at least every so often in 2018 and intentionally, when going shopping the other week I spotted a load of new products that I'd never seen before and so, here we are with the very first edition of this year! Let's just get started, right?

Starting with Base, I firstly have a face primer that I spotted in-store for the very first time. It's from good ol' L'Oreal and it is one of their new Infallible Primer Shots (£8.99 each) in '05 Luminising'. This new range of primers claim to 'transform your skin in an instant, with an ultra-lightweight formula that glides onto your skin for a perfectly smooth, hydrated finish that lets skin breathe' and the 'Luminising' variety itself supposedly 'enhances the complexion with ultra-fine pearl pigments for a super-luminous, glowing look'. Sounds good, right? Particularly for someone like me, with a dry/dehydrated skin-type and a love for anything that makes me skin appear more glowy and radiant. Personally, I pretty much always tend to use 'illuminating' face primers and so any new launch in that department never fails to catch my eye (and usually go into my Shopping Basket) and I'm pretty excited to give this one a go. Then, I thought I'd throw these in here somewhere as even though I've actually featured them already round these parts in a stand-alone haul earlier this week here, they are technically a pretty fresh release to the drugstore and everyone and their Nan are going mad for them. They are, of course, the brand-new Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Concealers (£4.00 each). These little beauties claim to be 'the concealer for everyone'. A pretty bold claim, right? Available in a grand total of 18 shades for all different skin-tones (yes!), they also claim to have a 'lightweight, yet full coverage formula to cover blemishes, even skin tone and counteract dark circles, with a matte finish that won't settle or accentuate fine lines and pores'. Not only that, 'the long-lasting, intense pigment can also be used to contour; whilst the large doe-foot applicator allows for smooth application that won't drag on the skin'. That all sounds pretty amazing and with it already being touted as a potential Tarte Shape Tape (a.k.a. apparently the best concealer ever) dupe - and at £4, coming in at around a quarter of the price - I just had to give it a go. I've tried it a couple of times so far and, let's just say, I am pretty impressed but I am saving my thoughts for a full review coming hopefully next week - so keep your eyes peeled for that! Finally for Face, if you read that aforementioned Makeup Revolution Haul I did last week, you'll know I also picked up another new launch from them - one of their new shades of their popular Liquid Highlighters (£6.00 each). Claiming to be a 'concentrated, highly pigmented, multi-purpose liquid highlighter for all lovers of glow', these originally came out last year and have been majorly raved about ever since and I was always eager to pick up a shade for myself - but until now, there was never a colour that stood out to me as something that would suit my paler skin-tone, with the sort of undertone I wanted. Then, they released three new colours, one of which answered all of my prayers. 'Luminous Luna' is a stunning, light, pearly white colour and one that appears to finally fit the bill and I am so excited to finally get on the liquid highlighter drop craze and get utilising them in all of the many, various ways they can be used for...

Then, for Eyes, I have just one product to feature this time and it is a shade from the new Sleek i-Art Precision Liquid Eye Colours (£6.99 each). I don't think these are as new, new as the rest of the other items in here, but they are still a fairly recent addition to the drugstore scene and with me picking up another new release from Sleek at the time (keeping reading to see that one) and there being a lil' offer on too - I figured, why not? These claim to be 'intense, metallic liquid eye colours that are waterproof and long-lasting with a tapered precision tip to create a variety of looks, including the perfect cut crease' and I picked up the shade 'Modernism' - a pretty, mid-toned taupe with a slight blue reflex to it. I actually picked up this colour to hopefully pair underneath the awesome 'Petrol' shade - that's a similar kind of blue-brown colour, but obviously in powder shadow format - from my beloved Soph X Makeup Revolution Palette to act as a base and make it even more intense and vibrant, or even wear alone, and I really cannot wait to test the formula out to see how it works. I love a good cream/liquid eyeshadow and I've hard some pretty good things about these ones so *hopefully* it'll live up to expectations. I'll let you know how I get on...

Lastly, but certainly not least - that brings us onto Lips - and this time round, I have a fair few different, new products to show you all. All of which are liquid lipsticks - and with that generally being one of, if not my favourite format of lip product - I guess that's no big surprise at all. First up, Maybelline have launched a new collection of their SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipsticks (£9.99 each). Originally launched last year, I picked up a couple to try and fell in love with the slightly strange but equally awesome formula. They're liquid lipsticks that don't dry down to a fully, powdery matte-type finish - and yet they don't go anywhere and last really, really well. So, when I saw their new 'Un-Nude' Range, comprised of - you guessed it - a whole host of different, neutral shades - I just had to pick a couple of my favourites up. As always, these claim to be 'an intense ink colour concentration, ultra-chic matte finish and flawless, 12 hour wear' and I personally picked up two, very different, shades - 'Seductress', a mid-toned browney, pinky nude; and 'Ruler', a deeper rapsberry colour. Obviously, the former works more as a 'nude' on my paler skin-tone, whilst the latter is more of a 'bold' shade but both colours equally caught my eye and *hopefully*, if the formula is just as awesome as before, they'll soon become firm favourites, I'm sure. Another new release, liquid lipstick-wise, comes from Sleek. We all know and love their Matte Me Lip Creams, and recently they've finally added a handful more nude-toned shades, specifically brown-based colours. Titled the Matte Me Browns Lip Creams (£4.99 each), as always they claim to be 'a matte finish liquid lipstick that glides on in one smooth application, with no need for a second coat', but this time, in a range of 'highly-pigmented shades of browns and nudes'. Like the Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink's, I already adore the classic formula of this range, so I'm hoping this new selection of shades will be just as awesome. I plumped for what I believe is the lightest hue of the collection - 'Cinnamon Spice' - which is a pretty, mid-toned brown with a slight pinky undertone to it and I quite literally cannot wait to give it a try! Then, finally, a new launch from Miss Sporty - a brand I haven't used anything from for absolute years and honestly, didn't think I would anytime soon - until they released their range of Really Me Matte To Last 24Hr Lip Creams (£3.49 each). Yes, another liquid-lipstick related addition to this post, I know. These claim to 'provide a silky, velvet matte lip colour, whilst the lightweight formula stays comfortably on the lips for up to 23 hours' and I am always up for trying any new liquid lipsticks, particularly those that come onto the drugstore/affordable market - so I just had to get a colour to see just what these are all about - and eventually I picked up the shade 'Lovely Rose' - a light, nude-y pink. They're what I believe to be the cheapest offering I've come across, so I will definitely be interested to see how they compare to others I've tried, and loved so far. There's only one way to find out, and again, I will definitely let you all know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS