navigation

Monday 22 January 2018

The Mini Matte Me's...



Fun fact - around this time last year, I discovered the popular Sleek Matte Me Lip Creams for the very first time. After hearing so many amazing things about them, I finally caved in January last year and bought myself a couple of shades to try out for myself and safe to say - they more than lived up to expectations. I love them - they apply evenly in one coat, quickly dry down to a super powdery-matte finish and last all day long. What's not to love? Well, a certain gift I was lucky enough to receive at Christmas might just top that - the exact same product, but in miniature versions. Oh yes, that's right...

You might remember back in December, I did this post where I did a 'What's On My Wishlist?' and listed off (you guessed it) a few things that I was hoping would maybe find themselves under my Christmas Tree on Christmas Day and the Sleek Mini Matte Me Set was one of them. And, I was pretty happy when, come December 25th, I was lucky enough to receive it! Comprised of of their infamous Matte Me Lip Creams, all in original colours but this time, in small, travel-sized bottles that are ideal for if you want to sample the formula, or perhaps certain colours for the first time, or just fancy something that's easier for travelling with or using on-the-go. Personally, I already owned two of the four shades in this set in full-sizes - 'Birthday Suit', a classic pinky nude and 'Velvet Slipper', a deep, dusky purple - but, being already big fans of both of those colours, I was pretty eager to have the opportunity to get them in a smaller format that's ideal for just popping in my handbag. However, the other two colours - 'Rioja Red', a classic bright red and 'Old Hollywood', a super-deep burgundy - I was most excited about as neither of those hues do I already have in my collection. And, seeing how much of a fan I am of the other two colours (plus all of other shades I have since added to my collection too), I was hopeful these would live up to the high standard and be just as amazing. And you know what? They definitely are. Both 'Birthday Suit' and 'Velvet Slipper' remain just as awesome, both in colour and in formula, as before; whilst 'Rioja Red' and 'Old Hollywood' I have quickly fallen in love with. Seriously, I think I may just have to pick up the full sized versions of both of them. The former is such a stunning, super bright, almost coral-toned rouge that I can envisage being just perfect for rocking a red lip come the Spring/Summer; whilst the latter is a really beautiful, deep berry red that would be equally as ideal for the Autumn/Winter when you fancy a super-intense bold lip. 'Rioja Red' has the same perfect formula as before, though 'Old Hollywood' is a tad less opaque in one coat - however, that's nothing an extra layer (and a bit of extra love) doesn't fix and I am more than happy to but in a little more time and effort for the stunning finished colour you get. All in all, a very-much-appreciated Christmas present and one which I know I will more than get my use out of...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS