navigation

Friday 2 February 2018

The Big Makeup Declutter: Face Products


I don't think I have ever done a full-on makeup declutter - like, ever. Sure, I clear out empty products regularly and throw away the occasional item here and there (usually if I just don't get along with it), but ever since I started properly buying makeup, I can't ever recall a time where I sat down, went through everything and cleared out any products I don't like, don't like or use anymore or perhaps just have a better alternative for. So, this week, with me being off work for these two weeks, I figured I'd finally get around to doing exactly that. What's more, I thought I'd split this up into a little three-part series round these parts where I ran through all of the items which didn't make the cut and so, today I'm kicking off with all things for the Face (with obviously, Eyes and then Lips following afterwards). Let's get started...

I have tried and tried to love (or at least, like) the L'Oreal True Match Foundation, but it just doesn't seem to sit well on my skin at all and so that was the first thing to hit the 'bin' pile. I also have tried to make the Rimmel #InstaFlawless Primer work as a base, but the colour is just not right for me. 'Light/Medium'? I think not.  Concealer wise, I have a fair few ones that are all being cleared out - namely the Rimmel Wake Me Up, L'Oreal's True Match, Seventeen's Stay Time and a few of the Collection Illuminating Touch Concealers. I feel like I've really 'nailed' my favourites now - the Makeup Rev Conceal and Define (maybe swapped out for Collection Lasting Perfection if I fancy a change) and finished off with the Rimmel Lasting Finish - and so that really negates the need for any others in my collection at the moment as none of them really match up. I've also finally decided to clear out my Collection #ConcealAndLightLikeAPro Palette as I also have found other colour correctors since purchasing it that I prefer using - that are actually also from Collection! The NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder is a decent loose powder, but it definitely has the potential to flashback in photos - making it a no from me - whilst the Collection Sheer Loose Powder just isn't as 'translucent' in colour as it claims to be. The Bourjois Aqua Blush has completely run out-dried up, as has my L'Oreal Glam Bronze Cushion De Soleil; whilst my Collection Highlight and Sculpt Contour Kit is simply never used and I have plenty of other contouring products I prefer and use regularly - so I'm afraid I had to finally say goodbye. Similarly, I also got rid of my Bourjois Delice De Poudre Bronzing Powder Duo as I simply do not get my use out of it - mainly due to the powders themselves not being that pigmented and the split pan making getting a brush in their mighty difficult. I cleared out any remaining minis I had from a Benefit set I bought years back - the Highbeam Liquid Highlighter, Hoola Bronzer and Bella Bama Blush - as again, I just don't use them anymore and have plenty of other products I do love and use on the regular instead. Finally - Highlighters - and, as probably expected, I really did not downsize much in this department. Not only do I have a lot (like, a lot) of glow givers in my stash, most of them I do adore and use regularly so I can't really justify parting with many of them - and nor would I want to. However, of them all, the L'Oreal True Match Highlighter (wow this kinda looks like a personal attack of L'Oreal - I promise it is not) is my least used and least used and when swatched and compared against others in my collection, it's less pigmented and 'blinding' and the colours themselves are not as much my cup of tea. I like 'icy' highlighters, but this one is almost silver-tinged and just too cool-toned for me. I also decided to part with the Primark Strobing Kit as of all of my highlighters, this is by far my least favourite. The powders themselves are super dusty, flaky and not at all pigmented or glowy and as a result, I never use it. So, I'm afraid it is time to say goodbye...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS