navigation

Monday 19 March 2018

The Perfect Daytime Red Lip?


I love a good red lip. If I don't want to play it safe with a nude for once, a classic rouge is my next port of call, colour-wise, on my lips. However, depending on whether I want to rock a red lip during the day or night, I'll generally find myself reaching for different lip colours and lately, I think I may just have found a brand new favourite for when I want to bring a red lip into the day-time. Introducing, the Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream in 'Rioja Red'...

I already know and love this range of liquid lipsticks, but this colour was a completely new shade to me when I received it as part of a gift set last Christmas (hence why it's half the size of some of my other colours). One day when doing my makeup last week, I wasn't in the mood to do that much eye-makeup for a change, but I still wanted to have a little somethin' somethin' going on somewhere and so, a bold lip was my next best bet. After having a good ol' rummage through my pretty-extensive collection, I settled on this offering from Sleek. So far, I'd swatched it and really fell in love with the colour but I'd never actually properly worn in on my lips yet and so, what better time than now, right? And boy, was that a pretty good decision to make. And straight after applying it, I instantly fell in love and I *think* I may have found my new favourite red lip - at least certainly for day-time. Of course, you can wear whatever lipstick in whatever colour or finish you want anytime of the day but for some reason, this bright, almost coral-toned red just screams 'day-time' for me. It's just really fresh and vibrant and makes an impact, without being too much - you know? The formula, as always, is super opaque and quickly dries down to a properly matte, matte finish that feels so lightweight on the lips and wears well throughout the day too. All in all, I'm pretty glad to have this in my collection, ready for when I next fancy rockin' a bold lip in the day-time again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS