navigation

Wednesday 21 March 2018

Tried and Tested: Makeup Revolution Fast Base Foundation Stick





Another week, another launch from Makeup Revolution. It really does seem like they're coming out with product after product these days - but I certainly ain't complaining as so far, everything has been pretty darn good. Particularly their Conceal and Define Concealers that launched back at the very start of 2018. I reviewed them back here and, in short, loved them. From the super large and soft doe foot applicator; to the thick, full coverage consistency, great blendability and lasting power and an awesome, diverse and inclusive shade range, all for just £4 a bottle. What's not to love? So, when I saw they were launching the Fast Base Foundation Sticks, I just knew I had to pick up a shade or two to try them out. And having now thoroughly given it a good ol' road test, it's time to find out what I thought...

Much like the Conceal and Define Concealer, this foundation stick comes in the exact same, 18-strong shade range and supposedly, each shade number matches up between the two products aswell - so if you're a 'C5' in the Concealer, you'll be a 'F5' in the Foundation, yanno? With that in mind, plus the fact I was a little unsure as to what shade I would need all-over my face, I went for 'F1' and 'F2' (having picked up 'C1' and 'C2' beforehand and enjoying both colours for my skin-tone). Like the concealer shades, both are super light - however 'F1' is simply a little more neutral, and 'F2' a tad more yellow-based. Personally, having given both a go there's not a massive amount of difference between the two but, I think I prefer 'F2' as a colour match for my skin-tone. I feel 'F1' is so super pale that it kinda just washes me out a little when used as a colour all-over my face and I also much prefer the yellow undertone of 'F2' aswell.

Format-wise, for £5 it's all very chic and luxe-looking with a pretty matte nude outer casing with rose gold trim and as always with stick foundations, you simply take the cap off, twist the stick up and you're ready to go. You don't get the most product ever, but generally you don't get as much in stick foundations as you do in a standard bottle anyway; plus for £5, you really can't complain. But, what about the formula itself, eh? Well, I really rather like it. The stick is super-duper creamy in texture and really easily glides onto the skin with no effort at all. It's definitely got a nice, medium, buildable coverage and I really like that as I personally like to start with a a smaller amount of swipes all-over my skin, blend them out before going in with any more if I need it. I'll admit that at first, when seeing this product, I wasn't that sure if I was even going to purchase it as typically, stick foundations are very dry, thick and heavy in texture and generally more well-catered towheads oily-skinned guys and gals. Being someone with dry skin who loves a good, dewy finish, I was initially going to stay clear - until I saw this stuff claimed to provide me with just that. And I'm glad I listened up as this really is rather good for both my skin-type and makeup preferences. I actually find I can easily blend it out using either a buffing brush or a damp beauty sponge - though there's something that makes me prefer the finish of the former just that little bit more. I don't know why, but I feel a good ol' sponge just meshes the product into the skin even better and just leaves your skin looking more 'skin-like', if you get what I mean. Once blended out, it looks so healthy and radiant on the skin and stays like that unless you powder it into place (which I personally always like to in certain areas of my face, plus underneath my eyes). Once set, things don't look cakey or cling in a weird way - it just sits super nicely on the skin, with amazing coverage but still a really smooth finish. Longevity-wise, this stuff lasts impeccably throughout the day. It basically looks identical when you come to remove it to how it's applied right at the start of the day. 

All in all, this foundation gets the firm thumbs up from me - and that's certainly not something I ever thought I'd be saying about a foundation stick! But for £5, you really can't go wrong - particularly if you're either someone with a dry/dehydrated skin, or simply a lover of a good ol' dewy finish to your base. And seeing as that can be quite hard to come by when looking for foundations in this set-up - you may just want to snap one up sharpish...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS