navigation

Friday 6 April 2018

A Small (But Awesome) Brush Haul...


I haven't bought any new makeup brushes in a long, long time. To be fair, that probably isn't such a bad thing as we all know by now that my brush collection is pretty well stuffed to capacity and up until recently, I didn't feel the need to add any new ones to my stash. However, not too long ago I cleared out a few that I either didn't use as much, or at all and moved them into storage - and therefore, finally made space for a few styles that I'd been eyeing up for a while. So, a week ago that's exactly what I did...

The first one I picked up was the one which I'd been wanting to get for the longest - and it is the Zoeva 134 Luxe Powder Fusion Brush. I have heard so many people raving about this one and deeming it an awesome highlighter brush - so of course, with highlighting being my thing, I eventually caved and picked it up. It's basically like a massive eyeshadow blending brush, an entirely different kind of brush to anything else I already own - long, slightly tapered at the end and really fluffy and flexible. I thought it'd be a good for when I want to sweep on my highlighter a but still pack a lot of pigment on at the same time. As I said, I have heard tonnes of people deem this as the perfect brush for applying your highlighter and getting your glow on, so I will certainly be putting that to the test very soon and letting you all know what I think!

Another face brush that I also picked up recently is the NYX Professional Makeup Pro 06 Fan Brush. Now, this particular brush itself isn't so much something that I've heard rave reviews about, but the actual style itself definitely is. Remember when we were all obsessing over those classic, smaller, thin fan brushes for highlighting a couple of years back? Well, it seems over time that obsession has shifted onto their chunkier cousins for, would you believe it - contouring! At first I was sceptical, but over time, seeing and hearing so many good things about this technique, I wanted to finally pick one up for myself. Honestly, there wasn't one brand's offering in particular that ever stood out as *the* one to go for, so I decided to just go with whatever version looked the best for me and eventually this one from NYX was the one I settled on. It's super thick and densely-packed and supposedly has dual fibres to both pack product on well, but also easily blend and buff it out at the same time - which is exactly what I was looking for. I cannot wait to try out this technique and see if it really is as good as it seems to be...

Last, but certainly by no means least, I have a lil' eye brush to throw in for good measure. This is, again, also by Zoeva and it is their 233 Cream Shader Brush. I decided to add this into my basket as recently, I've been wanting to experiment more with my eye makeup and general eye looks - whether wearing as part of my makeup or just as a play around at home - and trying to do more/get better at those crazy things such as cut creases, half cut creases, halo eyes. Generally, all of those (plus a lot of eye makeup techniques/styles) require some sort of flat, slim brush to apply a cream or liquid concealer and 'carve out' the lid and though I've got plenty of flat eye brushes, I didn't have anything like this, which is generally the sort that I see others use. So, I went for a fail-safe and headed back to Zoeva range and found this, which looked pretty ideal. Not only is it really thin and flat, it's also really dense, a little longer and also ever-so-slightly curved at the end - meaning it should *hopefully* work well at carving out the rounded socket line. We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS