navigation

Wednesday 4 April 2018

My Go-To, Night Out Nails


I love doing my nails, no matter the occasion (as you'll all know going by my regular 'Polish Pick' posts) - but especially so on a night out. And although occasionally I do like to switch things up, over time I've found myself gravitating towards basically the same nail look nearly every single time I go 'out out' (you know). So, why not share it with you all?

As you'll probably notice first off, this look is very much full-on rose gold/copper-y goodness. Not only is this family of colours one of my favourites to wear on my nails, personally I've found this colour scheme to also be the most universally suitable and complementary to basically anything I choose to wear. It just seems to always work, yanno? And I guess that's why I go back to those types of tones, time and time again when it comes to lacquering up my nails for a good ol' night out. I might change up the nail polishes I use to create the look, but generally the finished effect turns out looking near-identical. This time round though, I stuck to two of my favourites, that work together to create probably my favourite combination. First off, I go in with my Barry M Molten Metal Nail Paint in 'Copper Mine'. This whole range of polishes is awesome in general, but this colour especially is a real favourite of mine. A gorgeous bright, smooth metallic copper - it looks equally great worn alone or, as I personally love to here, used as a base for something a little extra special. To pair with the warm, orange-y tones, I typically like to go in with a finishing touch of the Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in 'Pink Party Dress'. This is virtually identical, colour-wise to 'Copper Mine', but in fine glitter form. With a clear polish base, this works amazingly as a shimmery top coat and because the shimmer is so finely-milled, it builds up a nice level of coverage in just one layer and really packs a punch with basically no effort at all. Together, they're a match made in nail polish heaven - hence why this look is one I always come back to, particularly when it comes to a good ol' night out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS