navigation

Monday 2 April 2018

Empties #24


It's time again for another round-up of all of my empty, fully-finished beauty products that have come to their end recently. I'm sure you all know what this kind of post is about by now, if not check out all of my previous ones I've done over the years here, but for now, should we just get started? Let's have a good ol' rummage through my beauty bin...

SOAP AND GLORY BUTTER YOURSELF ULTRA-NOURISHING FRUITY LIQUID MOISTURE LOTION - Starting things off with good ol' Bodycare, I have this body lotion from my fave, Soap and Glory. Honestly, this may not be my favourite, favourite body butter/lotion/cream from the brand that I've tried (mainly due to the scent), but it's still pretty darn good nevertheless. The formula is super thin and lightweight and sinks in really easily and quickly; yet it still really nourishes my limbs and leaves them feeling and looking all nice and soft and supple.

ZOELLA BEAUTY 'PRETTY POLISHED' SUGAR SCRUB - You all know by now that I love, love, LOVE this body scrub from Zoella Beauty. It's so dense and 'scrubby' and really gets the job done, yet it's not at all harsh on the skin and if anything, feels kinda moisturising? My skin feels so super soft and smooth after using this and combined with the classic, Zoella Beauty fragrance - it's a winner!

SOAP AND GLORY MINI 'HAND FOOD' HAND CREAM - Another oldie, but goldie product - again, from Soap and Glory - is this awesome hand cream. Everyone and their Nan raves on about this stuff - myself included - but's it's truly justified as it really is so, so good. This stuff transforms my hands in no time at all and makes them so soft and smooth and I especially enjoyed having the same, great formula in travel size this time around for using on-the-go too!

GARNIER MICELLAR WATER - We all know this one, yeah? I think this will forever be my classic, go-to for taking of my makeup and doing that 'initial' first cleanse before going in with my proper facial cleanser. It's simple, but awesome, and does the job so well too. Completely residue free, never irritates my sensitive skin and a bottle usually lasts for ages aswell - which is always a bonus, right?

SIMPLE REGENERATION AGE RESISTING DAY CREAM SPF15 - This day cream from Simple is now firmly my go-to - hence why I've already finished up another bottle. It's lightweight, yet moisturises my skin nicely and sits really well underneath makeup. I find a bottle actually lasts fairly well as you need way under a whole pump per application too. All in all, it's a winner...

MAYBELLINE SUPERSTAY 24HR PRIMER -  Makeup-wise, I love this primer and recently I've used it all up to the very last drop once again. This stuff is so thin and almost watery in consistency and you'd be forgiven in thinking that it either wouldn't work very well, or wouldn't work at all - but it actually really does. It smoothes out my skin before foundation so nicely and just creates such a good base for my makeup. It doesn't add any extra glow, nor does it mattify - it just makes my skin look 'good' and my base always looks pretty darn good when using this underneath, so I think I may be repurchasing at some point in the future (when I'e used up some of my other face primers, that is!)

BOURJOIS HEALTHY MIX FOUNDATION IN '50' - This is yet another firm favourite product of mine and though over the years I have found various other foundations that I equally love, this will always be one that I come back to time and time again. A great medium coverage that can be built up or sheered out as you'd like and a lovely dewy, skin-like finish - it works amazingly every time. I can't even count how many bottles I've gone though my now...

BOURJOIS AQUA BLUSH IN '03 PINK TWICE' - Honestly, this was never a favourite of mine. I liked it, but I didn't love it - and I think that's mainly down to me never loving blush on me. However, that's not to say this isn't still a good product. When I did use it, it worked well and so while I feel part of the reason this is empty is due to it drying out, I definitely did use a good amount of the product myself too. I think I've finally realised I'm just not a blush person...

SEVENTEEN MIRROR SHINE LIPSTICK IN 'BEEHIVE' - I know, I know - I don;t think I've ever actually finished up a lipstick befre, but this one I actually have. I've had this for years - ever since everyone started raving about it back in the day - and at one point a few years ago, this was one of my go-to's. A lovely super shiny, sheer pinky-nude that's great for everyday (or as I think I used it, for work) and I actually think they've since discontinued it - boo!

TANYA BURR COSMETICS 'SELFIE LASH' MASCARA - Last, but certainly not least, we all know how much I loved (and still do love) this mascara a few months back when it was first released and I tested it out. I had pretty high hopes, having always had good experiences with Tanya's range - and I was not disappointed. This is such a good mascara. It's so buildable - you can apply really lightly or really build it up to a false lash effect - and it never, ever goes clumpy. It stays put throughout the day without flaking off or smudging and the formula is super intense and black too. What more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS