navigation

Wednesday 30 May 2018

May: The Love List


It's the end of the May. What?! It seems only yesterday I was talking you all through what I was loving in April, but here we are, a month later, with May's round-up. So, without any further ado - let's get started, shall we?

ZOEVA 134 LUXE POWDER FUSION BRUSH - I actually completely forgot to give this brush a mention this time last month (as I actually picked it up sometime in April), but seeing as I love it so much, I still wanted to give it a shout-out - so here we are! This has fast become my new go-to highlighter brush. I'm so glad I finally caved and bought it after hearing so many raving about using it for getting your glow on, cause it really is amazing. It's just the right shape size for getting your highlighter precise and where you want it, whilst also blending and diffusing it it out slightly at the same time and is dense enough to pack on the pigment, but it also doesn't apply on too much in one go, if you get what I mean?

REVOLUTION X TAMMI TROPICAL PARADISE PALETTE - Makeup-wise, I just had to give a shout-out to this awesome palette first. I know I only did a post featuring this beauty earlier on this week, but I've actually been trialling and testing it out for a good week or so before that and I can conclude that I love it. With 23 super-pretty, super-pigmented shades ranging from classic neutrals to vivid pops of colour and everything in-between and in a good, fair mixture of mattes and shimmers - really, what more could you want? Just like their 'SophDoesNails' collaboration that I (and everyone else) bloomin' well adored, the quality of this palette is awesome and at only £10, the price-point is pretty brilliant too. I've been creating so many types of looks with this so far - it really can do pretty much anything you want - and I'm particularly looking forward to experimenting even more with the colourful shades over the Summer...

NYX 'AWAY WE GLOW' LIQUID HIGHLIGHTER IN 'CRYSTAL GLARE' -  As soon as the Summer hits, I am all about the creams and liquid products - especially so when it comes to highlighters. Last year, this liquid glow from NYX was a new find and instantly became a new favourite not long after and would you believe it, my love for it has been resurrected a year on. Unlike some other liquid highlighters, this stuff applies and blends effortlessly into the skin, without ever disrupting what you apply underneath or on top, whilst the light champagne colour makes for such a stunning glow - and also ideal match for my paler skin-tone too! 

BARRY M 'GLITTER BOMB' GLITTER EYESHADOW IN 'BLING BLING' - Sticking with all things sparkly - this time, for the eyes. Everyone knows and loves the Stila Magnificent Metal Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadows (at least, I think that’s what they’re called) and despite never trying them myself yet, they’re definitely a product that’s always on my Shopping List. So, when I spotted these new glitter eyeshadows from Barry M, I knew I had to pick one up to see if we potentially had a dupe on our hands. Obviously, having yet to try out the original, I can really give a definite answer - but what I do know is that going from the one shade I’ve tried so far, these are awesome. I picked up the true gold, ‘Bling Bling’, and not only is the colour gorgeous, the formula is great too. It’s basically like liquid glitter, meaning you don’t have to faff around with the loose stuff and glitter glue; and the consistency is far more dense and pigmented than glitter eyeliners - my usual go-to for quick glitter. Once applied, they soon set down into a finish that doesn’t budge, flake or crease all day long so all in all, it’s a winner in my books. I will definitely be picking up more shades of these very soon I think...

RIMMEL STAY MATTE LIQUID LIP COLOUR IN 'STRAPLESS' - Last, but certainly not least for Makeup, I have a new favourite nude lip. Yes, I know I say that all the time round these parts, but honestly, this really has become a new go-to of mine recently. I already love the Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lip Colours, so I wasn’t at all hesitant to pick up one of their new nude shades when they launched not long ago and now, I am so glad I did. A pretty, dusky pink nude that’s just pale enough for my skin-tone and complements a variety of makeup looks - this is an awesome liquid lip - and combined with the already awesome formula, you really can’t go wrong. 

AUSSIE 3 MINUTE MIRACLE RECONSTRUCTOR - Now this is definitely an old favourite that I’ve rediscovered this month and have firmly fell in love with again ever since. I’ve even using this deep conditioner on and off for the past however-many-years and it always does the trick in nourishing and hydrating my tresses like no other - and this time is no different. Not only does it smell delicious (bonus, right?) the rich formula just leaves my hair feeling and looking so soft, smooth and shiny afterwards - whether I do indeed leave it as suggested or maybe a little (a lot) longer to really reap the benefits - and especially now having a full head of bleached blonde hair, that’s pretty important to me.

ELEGANT TOUCH CORE COLOUR NAILS IN 'METALLIC PINK' - Finally, we have a bit of a different inclusion this month. I never usually buy or use pre-done false nails - the most I ever buy are the plain ones that I apply onto broken nails before painting as usual - but this month, for my birthday, with time a little short, I figured it would be the  est option. So, I picked up these gorgeous nails to sort me out and honestly, they did a pretty good job. As I said, these were definitely a ‘one time only’-type thing as I do enjoy painting and curating my own nail looks (plus, it works out a lot cheaper) but for when I really needed another option, these came to the rescue and did the job perfectly.

So, I guess that just about rounds up what I've been loving throughout the past month of May! I found some pretty awesome products this month and I'd definitely recommend you trying them out for yourself if you haven't already - they're awesome. Got any faves of your own from the past month or so? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS