navigation

Wednesday 27 June 2018

A New Step In My Skincare Routine...


You might remember that a while ago, I bought the Garnier Natural Rose Water Toner. Basically, I couldn't get my hands on my usual 'toner' (of sorts, I guess) - the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Glycolic Cleansing Pads, FYI - and so, I was after buying something that could perhaps replace it, at least for a little while and this stuff caught my eye. Obviously, it is not the exact same type of thing, but to be honest, I sort of saw it as the perfect opportunity to try out a 'proper' facial toner for the first time and this one was what I opted for. I personally have sensitive, dry skin and this claims to cater for that skin-type perfectly, so it seemed like a good choice - but of course, the proof of the pudding really is in the eating and all that...

I've actually been using this consistently for a good couple of weeks so far and so far, so good. After removing my makeup (or just 'initialling' cleansing my face if I haven't worn any makeup that day) using my faithful Garnier Micellar Water, before double-cleansing with a 'proper' facial cleanser, this makes for a pretty good follow-up step. Of course, it doesn't contain the acid and so does not exfoliate and make my skin brighter and fresher, it does definitely help to ensure every single scrap of makeup and general 'dirt' (yum) is completely off my face once and for all. The rose scent isn't too overpowering and does indeed not noticeably irritate my skin at all, which is of course a major plus-point for me. I'm sure it won't be long before I'm back on the acid toner bandwagon, but for now, I'm very much enjoying this new step in my skincare routine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS