navigation

Monday 25 June 2018

Polish Pick: Barry M Under The Sea Nail Paint in 'Pinktail'


I haven't done a 'Polish Pick' in a little while, have I? Well, maybe not too long ago, but it's certainly been some time since I discovered a stand-alone, new nail polish colour and so, when I picked up this one - plus a couple of other newbies - from good ol' Barry M a week or so ago, I knew as soon as I lacquered each onto my nails for the very first time, I'd probably want to be later feature them in a post like this so, here we are with the first, I guess! Let's take a closer look...

This is 'Pinktail', from their new 'Under The Sea' Collection. A range of duo-chrome lacquers with a super-metallic finish and colourful shift, they were just too darn pretty to not pick up a couple shades of, hence why I ended up adding both this one and another to my basket. I struggled a little in choosing which to go for first (especially so when factoring in the other colour from a different range too) but eventually, I knew I wanted to see what this new range was all about and in the end I plumped for 'Pinktail', a gorgeous light pink with a bright, green-ey gold shift to it. I love a good pinky polish, especially so with a bit of a twist and this one certainly fits the bill in that respect and I'm pleased to say that it definitely lives up to expectations when actually applied. At first, this appears just like any regular baby pink, but in certain lights the bright, colourful shift really comes through and it looks pretty good, even if I do say so myself. It's very much a 'mermaid-y' type of polish - which I suppose explains the whole oceanic theme of the collection - and is just so interesting and different to anything else I currently have in my stash, which means it gets a firm thumbs up from me. Safe to say, I now can't wait to try out the other colour I picked up very, very soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS