navigation

Friday 29 June 2018

June: The Love List


So, somehow it's already the end of June and it's time, once again to talk you all through what I was loving this month, but here we are, a month later, with May's round-up. So, without any further ado - let's get started, shall we?

REVOLUTION X SOPH EXTRA SPICE PALETTE AND LIPSTICKS - I just had to throw this lil' collection in here, didn't I? Ever since picking it up pretty much as soon as it first launched right at the very start of the month, I have fell in love and been using both the eyeshadow palette and lipsticks consistently ever since. The palette is very much on par, quality-wise with the original and the colours are even more out-there and vibrant; whilst the lipsticks are super creamy and comfortable on the lips and such gorgeous, wearable nude shades too - especially so for my paler skin-tone. Yay! Check out my full review here for more details if you fancy!

BARRY M UNDER THE SEA NAIL PAINT IN 'PINKTAIL' - Nails-wise, this is another new discovery of mine this past month. I've been intrigued by this 'Under The Sea' range by Barry M ever since it first launched a while back and finally, this month, I got my hands on my personal two favourite shades and let's just say - I'm super glad I did. I've only got round to trying out one so far, but it's already become a firm favourite. A pretty light pink with a sheen-y, metallic finish and a green/gold duo-chrome shift to it - it's very mermaid-y, very Summery and I just love how it looks whenever it catches the light. It definitely makes for a rather unique addition to my current collection and I'm super pleased to finally have my hands on it (quite literally)...

SOAP AND GLORY 'THE RUSHOWER' DRY SHAMPOO - I have a new Haircare favourite from June - and would you believe it, it's a dry shampoo! Usually, I'm exclusively a 'Colab' type of girl when it comes to dry shampoo, but recently a bottle of this made its way into my stash and so, I figured I'd give it a go to see how it compared. And you know what? I actually really rather like it. It's still very lightweight, doesn't leave my hair feeling full of product, leaves no white cast (a major plus-point for me) and best of all, of course - actually does a pretty decent job of working as a good dry shampoo should. It absorbs any unwanted oil in my hair nicely and also adds texture if I'm simply using it to give volume and to top it all off, the scent is just like the classic S&G fragrance, which is always gonna be a bonus, right?

IMPULSE 'WHY NOT?' BODY SPRAY - I don't often tend to feature fragrances in anyway much in these favourites round-up posts, but recently I've discovered a new body spray that I've quickly become obsessed with. Mostly, I like dosing myself in perfume (Marc Jacobs 'Daisy', FYI) but sometimes, on a work day or something like that, a quick spritz of body spray will do and Impulse has always been a go-to of mine in that department. 'Very Pink' has been my long-term favourite for ages now, but not too long ago I picked up another - 'Why Not?' - and actually, I feel like it may have some competition. It's slightly less fruity, more musky and just has a little more of an 'edge' to it, but I really rather like it. It does the job and lasts a good while before you need a top up too!

SOAP AND GLORY FLAKE AWAY BODY POLISH - In terms of Bodycare, it's no big secret that I adore Soap and Glory body scrubs as a whole, yet somehow I was yet to give this one a go. I know, I know. So, when my last one ran out, I saw an opportunity to test it out and, as I expected, I really like it. It got the same texture as pretty much all of their body scrubs - 'scrubby', yet creamy and not at all harsh on the skin - and the scent is the classic S&G scent we all love, much like the dry shampoo I was talking about earlier. What's not to love? I think I may have found another favourite...

GARNIER NATURAL ROSE WATER TONER - Last, but certainly by no means least - we have a Skincare fave to throw into the mix. As I said in this post, when my usual 'toner' - the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Glycolic Cleansing Pads - ran out and I was unable to replenish them immediately, I was after picking up something that, while not identical, could at least replace them in the meantime and this stood out to me. I pick it up, have been using it ever since and so far, so good. Obviously, it's not the same kind of deal as the acid toner pads, but it still works well as a follow-up after cleaning, removing any last scraps of makeup/general dirt and leaving my skin feeling super soft and ready to be moisturised. As promised, the formula doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all and I've found a little to go a long way too, so I can see this bottle lasting me a good while yet. Maybe I'll switch it out eventually when my fave acid pads come back into my life, but for now, I'm enjoying using this instead!

So, I guess that just about rounds up what I've been loving throughout the past month of June! I found some pretty awesome products this month and I'd definitely recommend you trying them out for yourself if you haven't already - they're awesome. Got any faves of your own from the past month or so? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS