navigation

Friday 8 June 2018

Collective Beauty Haul


It's been a little while since I did a proper beauty-based haul round these parts, hasn't it? And with me collating a fair few items over the past few weeks or so, I thought it was about time I rectified that. So, without any further ado - let's go...

Starting off with good ol' Makeup, first off I needed to repurchase a new brow gel, so of course I opted for my current, long-time fave - L'Oreal's Brow Artiste Plumper in 'Medium/Dark'. As I said, this has been my go-to when it comes to setting my brows, whilst also adding a tint of colour and extra fullness (something my super-sparse brows a re most definitely in need of) and my current one is nearly all used up, so I was in much need of a replacement and I'm glad to have one on hand now. Then, in terms of more 'new' things, I also decided to pick up the Revolution Iconic Matte Lipstick in 'Chauffeur'. Now, you may actually kinda recognise this one, as I did actually pick up the 'Chauffeur' Lipstick in the 'regular' cream formula a few months back after hearing so many people (namely, 'SophDoesNails') raving about it - and let's just say, I love it. So much so that I decided to give the matte version a go to see what that's like too. At just £3 - the same price as the original - it's completely bargainous and too good to pass up on. I'll let you know how I get on!  Then, I also decided to pick up the Lottie London Ready Set Go Setting Powder. My current loose face powder is running low (Rimmel's Match Perfection, FYI, my favourite loose translucent powder) and I've also heard so many rave reviews about this - it seems to be a lot of people's favourite when it comes to drugstore loose powders - so what better time to pick it up, right? I generally tend to use a translucent loose powder for baking and I've heard this one is especially awesome for that as it's completely colourless and also *apparently* doesn't flashback (yay!). I can't wait to try it out and see what all the hype is about. Finally, Makeup-wise, I needed to get another Essence Eye Blender Brush as the bristles of my current one are loosening from the barrel and the brush just generally is on its last legs  which too be honest, isn't half bad considering it was only £1.50 and is nearly a year old. I love this brush for applying my initial transition shade or simply buffing and blending things out - it's the largest, fluffiest brush I own - and for such a majorly-cheap price, you really cannot go wrong.

I was in need of some more bare, false nails - for either when one of my own breaks and becomes a totally different length to the rest, or if all of my natural ones are uber-short - and as always, I went for some from Elegant Touch. However, I decided this time to go for the Short Stiletto Bare Nails instead of my usual Oval shape, just to mix things up a little I guess and I'll see how I get on. Hopefully, they'll work just as well - and I'm pretty sure they will.

Skincare-wise, I've recently used up my beloved Superdrug Naturally Radiant Glycolic Cleansing Pads and for some reason they're completely out of stock right now - both online and in-store - and so in the meantime, I decided to pick up a 'regular' toner to use. I have always kinda fancied trying out a traditional facial toner and so saw this as the perfect opportunity and went for the Garnier Natural Rose Water Toner. I've heard some good things about this in the past and having sensitive skin myself, figured it'd perhaps work pretty well for me. Again, I'll have to try it out and I'm excited to see how it works for me. I also was in the market to pick up some kind of new face mask (or masks) as I'm running low - whether that comes to multi-use or single-use varieties - and eventually, I went for another of the L'Oreal Pure Clay Masks, this time picking up my original favourite - the 'Glow' Mask. I used this a while ago and loved it and so, I figured it was about time I went back to an old favourite. This leaves my skin feeling and looking so smooth, soft and glowy - which is always what I want from my skincare - and a tub seems to last forever too, which is a pretty good bonus.

Finally, I needed to make some more repurchases in the Haircare department! First off, I was in desperate need of a new heat protectant spray as my current one's running very low and this time around, I decided to pick up another old love of mine - the Tresemme Heat Defence Spray. This is a proper long-term classic - not only of mine but I feel like a lot of people in general too - and for good reason too. Though of course you can never really be totally sure of how well a heat defence spray works, whenever I use this one, my hair dries well, styles well and it just feels and looks in pretty good condition - considering it's a little dry, damaged and also very highly colour-treated. Then, as there was a lil' 3 for 2 action going on in the Haircare aisle of Boots at the time, I decided to take advantage and picked up replacements of my current favourite Shampoo/Conditioner duo - the OGX Hydrate and Colour Reviving + Lavender Luminescent Platinum Shampoo and Conditioner. We all know by now this is my favourite range from OGX, especially now I'm very, very blonde. It takes care of my colour, while also nourishing at the same time and I love this combination together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS