navigation

Monday 11 June 2018

Polish Pick: Night Out Nails


So, this past weekend I went out for the first time in a little while - yay! - and as always, I did my nails for the occasion. I decided to try out a different combination if polishes this time, so figured - why not share the finished result with you lovely lot? Let's take a closer look...

First off, I went in using one of my recent favourite polishes - Barry M's Molten Metal Nail Paint in 'Holographic Sunburst'. A gorgeous warm, pink metallic lacquer with a holographic effect - it makes for such an awesome standalone polish, or, as you'll see here, base for others to be layered over the top of. And that's exactly what I did this time round - topping things off firstly with a coating of another favourite of mine - Maybelline's Color Show Nail Polish in 'Pink Party Dress' - a clear base, with fine, copper shimmer running through it. One layer was enough to fully coat the nails in warm, coppery goodness and I could well have left it there, but this is me, and I just had to take it that final step further. So, I topped things off with Essie's Glitter Nail Polish in 'A Cut Above'. Obviously, I wanted to stick with the rosey tones and this glitter polish is juts perfect as a finishing touch. A mix of larger and smaller light pink glittery flecks, again suspended in a clear base, not only does this add an extra dose of sparkle to the situation, it also adds some much-needed texture to the nails too, in my opinion. Personally, when working with glitters and shimmers on the nails, I like to start off with a finer texture, before finishing up with something a little 'chunkier' in size to add some dimension and I feel this technique really worked well with these nails. They're turned out rather well, even if I do say so myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS