navigation

Wednesday 4 July 2018

A New Liquid Lipstick That's Kinda Familiar...


A while back, I saw a video from Tati (from GlamLifeGuru') where she featured a new range of liquid lipstick from L'Oreal. Instantly, my interest was peaked but of course, with her residing in the US, often things that are released over there don't actually make their way to our shores for a little while after. So, I held out hope that perhaps this would be the case and luckily, a week ago I spotted the range in my local Superdrug. Yay!

You all know I'm a sucker for a liquid lipstick and of all of the drugstore brands, L'Oreal have never really launched any, until now, that have caught my eye, or I've heard very good things about. However, then came this range - the Les Chocolats Matte Liquid Lipsticks. This is a wholly nude-coloured liquid lipstick range - a dream, right? They claim to be 'a long-wear formula that's ultra-matte, melt-proof and lasts for 12 hours without flaking, smudging or drying out' and maybe best of all, the lipsticks themselves also smell of chocolate, as you might imagine from the theme of the range. And it's a like a 'proper', non-artificial type scent too. Yum

I picked up one shade to begin with, as I typically tend to with new launches - especially for the lips - and in the end, I went for 'Sweet Tooth', a light, beige-y nude. Initially, I was a little worried about whether this would be a little too light and corpse-like for my paler skin-tone, but after trying it on for the first time, I feel like it's just right, especially so when paired with a slightly darker lip-liner to add some extra dimension, fullness and shape. But, I guess what we're all really here for is the best part - the formula. And you know what? I really like it so far. I admit, I have only swatched and applied it to my lips a couple of times so far - and haven't yet to give it a go for a long period of time with a proper wear-test - but from when I have tried it out, I feel like I'm going to be a fan of the formulation. It actually reminds me a lot of the Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipsticks - with it's thick, lacquer texture that really does lock into place, yet retains a shiny, patent-like finish at the same time. Like, even the teardrop-shaped doe foot applicator is kinda similar and whilst the scent of the Maybelline offering isn't strictly chocolatey. it's still very sweet and super-delicious, if you ask me. So, all in all, if you're a fan of the Maybelline ones (like me), I think you'll really enjoy this new range from L'Oreal too. Especially so if you're a lover of your nudes (lips, that is) and perhaps a sucker for a rather tasty fragrance. I think I may be picking up some more shades of these...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS