navigation

Wednesday 18 July 2018

New Makeup First Impressions...


A couple of weeks or so ago, I posted this little (or perhaps not-so-little) Revolution Beauty Haul and obviously, as soon as I'd photographed and put that together, I was itching to test and try everything out - so that's exactly what I've been doing ever since. There are a couple of items in there that I haven't yet got around to trying out just yet, however I have also gathered a few other new makeup items from other brands so I thought I'd throw them in there too. Why not, right?

LOTTIE LONDON 'READY SET! GO' TRANSLUCENT FINISHING POWDER IN 'TRUE TRANSLUCENT' - I've heard so many awesome things about this one and finally, I caved and bought it a month or so ago. I've been holding on trying it out until my current fave translucent loose setting powder - Rimmel's Match Perfection Silky Loose Powder, FYI - started to run out and recently, it's definitely started to head that way. So, I picked this up to give a go at last and so far, so good. It's super finely-milled and used to 'bake' areas of the face (as I tend to utilise loose powders for) like the under eyes or smile lines, it fully sets things into place, without leaving any kind of white cast or creating flashback. It leaves behind a really smooth, non-cakey finish and really locks things into place nicely. What more could you want?

CYO 'WHEN THE SUN DON'T SHINE' BRONZING POWDER IN 'FAIR' - I don't tend to try out many new bronzers. I reach for a lot of drugstore makeup and in that particular market, bronzers can be a very tricky department to navigate successfully. II have fairer skin and a preference for matte bronzers and all in all, those two things can be hard to come across in the drugstore/affordable makeup arena. I've come across a few that tick those boxes and that I enjoy using and work well so generally, I tend to stick with my favourites but recently, I heard good things about one in particular from a new brand, CYO. A super affordable brand that I believe is replacing what was 'Seventeen' in Boots, the lovely Soph (of 'SophDoesNails') tried and raved about their matte bronzer and seeing as she is also a paler gal like myself, I had a good feeling that I may well be onto a good'un.

I HEART REVOLUTION GLOW HEARTS HIGHLIGHTERS IN 'LUMINOUS LIGHTENING' AND 'RAYS OF RADIANCE' - Not only is the packaging of these highlighters super pretty and cute, the product inside is just as awesome too. 'Luminous Lightening' is great for more of an icy, 'in yer face'-type highlight; whilst 'Rays Of Radiance' gives my skin a slightly warmer, golden glow - both working perfectly fine for my paler complexion too. I really love them both, but if I had to pick a favourite, favourite I *think* I'd have to plump for 'Rays Of Radiance' as the colour is just so stunning and unique to many others in my collection and the formula is just a tad more 'on point'. Both are super-pigmented on the skin, but admittedly 'Rays Of Radiance' does seem to have a slightly smoother, sheen-ier type texture, so whilst I'd highly recommend and will definitely reach for both, I feel that gives that shade the edge ever-so-slightly.

LOTTIE LONDON EYE FOIL EYESHADOW TOPPER IN 'SAVAGE' - Now, this was possibly the thing I was most excited to try out of everything - I mean, it just looks so pretty doesn't it? Also, having seen one of these in action in a YouTube video not long ago, I had high hopes I'd have a similar good experience and so far, I love it. First of all, the colour is stunning. A light pink with a kind of iridescent gold shift running through it - it looks so darn lovely on the lids, catching the light beautifully and just adding an extra 'pop' to an eye look. However, not only that, but it actually works well too. It's easy to apply (I personally prefer to take some on the back of my hand and use a small, flat brush to stipple it onto the eyes), it dries down pretty fast and once set into place, it doesn't move all day long. It didn't disrupt whatever eyeshadow I had underneath or make anything crease (something I always look for in cream/liquid eye products like this) and didn't flake off or fade throughout the day either. It's definitely an eyeshadow 'topper' as it states itself to be as the pigment isn't enough to create an opaque finish on its own, but if you're after something to add a little extra somethin' somethin' to your eye look that's also relatively quick and easy, yet also effective - check these out! I'm definitely tempted to pick up some more colours if there's any that also take my fancy...

L'OREAL LES CHOCOLATS MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK IN 'DOSE OF COCOA' - I already picked up 'Sweet Tooth' - a light, beigey-nude - in this new range from L'Oreal not too long ago (as you would have seen here) and I enjoyed it so much that I really fancied picking up another colour from the collection, eventually plumping for this one - 'Does Of Cocoa'. This shade is just the slightest bit deeper, but it's still very much a paler, browney nude. Don't get me wrong, whilst I still love 'Sweet Tooth', I actually feel this colour is slightly better on me, with my paler complexion. It's still pretty light, but I don't feel the need to pair it up with as much darker lip liner to contour and add back some depth and dentition - so I think I may just have to title this shade as my new favourite...

REVOLUTION NUDES COLLECTION MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICKS IN 'BUFF' AND 'UNDRESSED' - Last, but certainly by no means least - we have yet more matte liquid lipsticks! You know me, I love trying out new matte liquid lips and as you would known if you read this post I did recently here, I'd been eyeing up this new-ish range from Revolution basically ever since it first came out and finally, a few weeks back, I decided to get a couple of colours. 'Buff' is a pretty pinky-nude, whilst 'Undressed' is more of a peachy-brown nude and having tried out both for the first time on the ol lips, I can confirm I really like both. Again, both colours seem to work well on my skin-tone - which is always a bonus - and I really like the formula of this range too. As I always hope, these apply creamy then quickly dry down to a powdery-matte finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS