navigation

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Revolution Beauty Haul...


If you haven't gathered by now, Makeup Revolution (or 'Revolution', as they're now known by) is fast becoming my top, favourite brand of 2018. Ever since trying their Conceal and Define Concealer right at the very start of the year, I've been buying - and trying - a heck of a lot of their products, whether new releases or old favourites and recently, I've been doing a fair bit of just that. Collecting some new products they've recently launched, plus a couple of not-so-newbies that I've thought about picking up for a while and I figured, why not do something I've done before and collate them all together into a big ol' one-brand haul? Let's get started...

First up, I picked up two of their kinda-new-ish Glow Heart Highlighters from one of their 'sister' brands, I Heart Revolution. I don't think I've actually ever tried anything from I Heart Revolution in the past, but like Revolution - and pretty much all of the brands that sit under their umbrella - I've always heard very good things and I knew I wanted to test the brand out for the first time when I saw these highlighters. You know I'm a sucker for anything glow-related and these ones not only look cute, but the product inside also looks pretty good too. I picked up both 'Luminous Lightening' (a light, icy champagne) and 'Rays Of Radiance' (a warmer, pale bronze) as both looked to be suitable for my paler skin-tone and I can't wait to give them a go. As always, I'll definitely let you know how I get on...

Then, for the Eyes we have some really exciting things. Not too long ago, Revolution announced their Glitter Collection, a - would you believe it - whole range of glittery products and of course, a couple caught my eye and I just had to pick them up. First being, one of their new Pressed Glitter Palettes. These, of all of the different types of products released as part of this collection by far excited me the most and having never really seen or used anything like it before, I instantly knew I had to give at least one shade collection a go and eventually, I opted for 'Midas Touch' - a super-pretty selection of neutrals, golds, bronzes and reds. There was another line-up which also caught my eye and is totally my cup of tea - full of pinks, reds and oranges - but I decided this one would actually be the most versatile and I'm pretty happy with my choice. Again, I can't wait to start testing this out as soon as the next opportunity comes up to get my glitter on (special occasion, night out - you get the gist). From the same collection, I also decided to pick up one of their new Glitter Pastes. Again, this is something I've never really seen - or at least used myself - in the past and so I was super eager to pick one up and in the end, I went for the shade 'Power Hungry'. Like the pressed glitter palette, seeing as this something I've never used before, I wanted to go for a super easy, wearable colour and then, if I enjoy it, pick up some more exciting shades later on - so this gorgeous, true gold seemed the perfect option for me. Once again, this sounds like the perfect alternative to 'traditional', loose glitter and I am always up for trying out anything that promises to make the whole glitter thang a hell of a lot quicker, easier and fuss-free. Hopefully, these two might be just that?

Lips-wise, I had to pick up a couple of extra items as I actually picked up all of these beauties from Superdrug, whilst they were running their good ol' 3 for 2 (which I actually think is still ongoing right now) and so, I wanted to make the most of the deal, yanno? To be fair, I actually have fancied trying out these since they were launched a few months back, so it's a win-win in my opinion and they are the Nudes Collection Matte Liquid Lipsticks. Revolution actually came out with a whole mix of mattes, metallics and glosses in this 'Nudes Collection' and obviously, being a matte liquid lip kinda gal, I have always eyed up the colours in that formula and so, I saw this as the perfect excuse to finally pick one or two up. In the end, two was the golden number and I went for 'Undressed' (a light, peachy-brown) and 'Buff' (a pinky-mauve nude). As I said, matte liquid lips are my thang and I'm intrigued to see how these compare to my favourites...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS