navigation

Monday 24 September 2018

Changing Up My Eye Makeup Technique...


Sometimes, not only do I enjoy switching up the makeup products I use, I also like changing up the way I apply them too. Whether it's something I decide to do myself or something I see others doing and try and replicate - it's always nice to try new methods of application, right? And this time round, it's all about the eyes...

I actually started to see a few Instagram MUA's doing this sort of technique on their infamous tutorials and thought I'd give it a try. Normally, when it comes to doing my eyeshadow, I tend to work using the 'traditional' method of application that I first saw online (mainly in YouTube tutorials) a few years back. Starting with a large, fluffy brush, I'll work a 'transition' shade (a light, neutral colour that's super close to my skin-tone) into my crease and outer corner, before gradually working up in depth, using gradually smaller brushes. However, recently I've noticed a lot of people (as I said, notably on Instagram) doing a completely different method - basically, this same technique, but in reverse. Instead, they will typically start with their darkest shadow on the smallest crease brush, before taking a slightly bigger brush with a slightly lighter shadow to buff out the edges and then continuing to work up with lighter shades and larger brushes to do the same thing. And, actually, I guess it kinda makes sense. By starting with your deepest matte shadow in your crease and just getting that colour on there and worrying about blending later, you're getting the most pigmentation from it and it's not being diluted in anyway by the lighter colours that would usually sit underneath it. Ever since I tried it out I've loved the finished result - so that's what I've been doing recently and I'd definitely suggest you tr it out for yourself if you haven't already...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS