navigation

Wednesday 26 September 2018

The Many Uses Of A Loose Powder...


I never used to use loose powders at all but in recent years, they've become a major part of my makeup routine. Mainly for 'baking' my face - where you apply a layer with a damp beauty sponge, leave it to 'bake' for a minute or so, before wiping away the excess - but if I'm honest, over time I've come to realise a few other things they come in useful for too...

TO SET THE FACE - The first, most 'obvious' one perhaps - loose powders are great to set the face. Unlike 'baking', where you apply more a proper layer and leave it to sit for a while, with this I simply mean taking some on a big fluffy powder brush and dusting it over the areas of your face you want to lock into place, just like you would with a pressed variety. Personally, I still do like to so this with a pressed powder - perhaps because that's what I've always done and am used to - but I have tried it with a loose powder a few times and really liked how it worked.

...OR, TO 'BAKE'! - As I already mentioned, a good, translucent loose powder is awesome for 'baking' the face. For me, this is usually under the eyes and over my smile lines (areas that for me, things tend to move around and crease, even if I set as normal) and it works like a dream.

AS AN ERASER - Want to sharpen up your eyeshadow without using a concealer and you've already done your base so can't simply use a makeup wipe to clean up? Try packing on some loose powder with the more sharper edge of your sponge and leave it to sit for a little while, carefully dust away the excess and you'll be left with a much cleaner, more precise finish. I actually first learnt about this technique from Jaclyn Hill and after trying it out for myself, I was actually pretty impressed by the results so definitely try it out if you haven't already!

TO SOFTEN THE EDGES OF YOUR EYESHADOW - Finding it difficult to blend the very most outer edges of your eyeshadow? Try taking a little loose powder on a fluffy eyeshadow brush and lightly buff over the edges and you'll find that it should help to soften and blur things out pretty nicely.

...OR OTHER AREAS OF THE FACE TOO! - Just like your eyeshadow, if there's any other areas of your makeup that you feel are a little too harsh, trying using he same technique with some loose powder on a brush (which will obviously differ, depending on what area you're focusing on) and it should help wave goodbye to any rough edges. Whether it be an overly sharp contour or even if your brows are maybe a little too harsh at the front, dust a little loose powder over the top of the problem area and you're done!

TO CREATE YOUR OWN MATTE LIPSTICK - Got a glossy or satin lipstick that you love, but perhaps want a more matte finish from? Place a tissue over your lips and dust a little loose powder over the top with a medium-sized powder brush, remove the tissue and be a amazed at your 'new', matte lipstick. Cause everyone loves a good multi-tasking makeup product, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS