navigation

Friday 21 September 2018

Drugstore Makeup Wishlist


Lately, I've been lusting after a lot of drugstore makeup products. I mean, what's new? But seriously, recently there's been a tonne of things - mainly new releases, but also a few 'oldies' too - that have been catching my eye. I know I only did a Beauty Wishlist a little while ago here, but whilst that one was more general, this one is wholly drugstore makeup-centred - so let's just get started...

I HEART REVOLUTION BLUSHING HEARTS TRIPLE BAKED HIGHLIGHTER IN 'GODDESS OF FAITH' - I've heard a few people talk about this highlighter lately and having given it a switch in store recently to see for myself, I was actually pretty impressed too. It looks to be a really lovely colour for my paler skin and the formula is very smooth and super-glowy too so maybe I'll be picking it up at some point. I mean, yes I already own a lot of highlighters - but can you really ever can you ever have too many? I don't think so...

REVOLUTION RELOADED PALETTES - Revolution have had this collection of eyeshadow palettes for a while now and they just keep on adding to them. There's always been a few colour schemes that have caught my eye and they also come in at just £4 each, which is pretty good if the quality is there, which - going on reviews and things I've seen or heard - is pretty good. So, perhaps I might have to give one or two a go soon...

I HEART REVOLUTION ANGEL HEART PALETTE - Another palette from Revolution - this time, a newer launch and also, from their 'sister' brand, I Heart Revolution. I've never actually tried any palettes from them before but, just like Revolution, they always seem to get great reviews and this colour scheme is just right up my street. It's full of pinks, corals, rose golds, bronzes and just all of that kinda goodness and just a load of my favourite types of eyeshadow colours so maybe I'll have to take a closer look in store and see what it looks like in 'real life'.

MAYBELLINE LASH SENSATIONAL LASH SERUM - Much like everyone else, I am a firm fan of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. It does amazing things for my lashes, giving them great length, volume, lift and all that good stuff and of course, for a great affordable price too. So, when I saw this new release from Maybelline, I couldn't help but be intrigued. I've never personally tried a lash serum or anything like that before, but I have heard pretty good things about some that are on the market and if the matching mascara is anything to go by, perhaps this offering might work well?

L'OREAL UNLIMITED MASCARA - In terms of actual mascaras, recently I've been hearing tonnes of good things about this new release from L'Oreal. Yes, the bendy wand looks to be a tad gimmicky and perhaps a little questionable, but I've still heard load of people say this mascara works wonders on the lashes so I'm still very up for giving it a go anyway. Generally, the mascaras from L'Oreal tend to be good'un's so I think this might be a good shout.

MAYBELLINE MASTER CHROME EXTREME HIGHLIGHTERS - Yes, I know, another powder highlighter - but as you might know, recently I've been obsessed with the shade 'Molten Rose Gold' from this range and seeing as I love it so much, I am definitely up for trying more shades, or at least having a look and seeing what they're all about. From what I can see online, there's a couple of others in the collection that look like they might be up my street and a good match for my skin-tone but I will have to take a look in-store and see what they really look like...

BARRY M TREASURE CHEST PALETTE - I don't think I've never tried any eyeshadows from Barry M before but this recent new palette from them has definitely caught my attention. I've seen a couple of good reviews and just generally, it looks so damn pretty too. Full of metallic shadows, with a few mattes to pair them with thrown in for good measure, the colour selecion is really nice and I feel kinda different to a lot of palettes around at the moment. At £12.99, I feel the price is a little high for the brand and what it is - especially when you've got Revolution giving us palettes of amazing quality and a similar size for £10 and under - so I don't think I will actually be picking this up, but I still like the look of it neverthless!

L'OREAL CHROMATIC BRONZE LOOSE PIGMENTS - These are from a while new range by L'Oreal and though there's a few products in the collection, these loose shadows caught my eye. I don't tend to go for loose eyeshadows or pigments, but it's always been a type of product that I've wanted to experiment with finally and maybe these ones are the perfect opportunity? Also, the colours look super stunning too...

LOTTIE LONDON EYE FOIL EYESHADOW TOPPERS - Now, finishing up on two products that I've already tried before, but that I loved so much that I really want to pick up more colours of. Remember when I tried out one of these eye toppers from Lottie London? Let's just say, I loved it and still love it now - so much so that I'm really fancying finally pickinup another shade or two. Unlike typical cream shadows, these really do live up to the 'topper' name and instead work more like a finishing touch to whatever you've placed underneath - giving it more sparkle, shimmer and a twist of colour too. 'Savage', a stunning pink and gold duo-chrome is a beaut so maybe there might be another colour which I could make good use of too?

BARRY M GLITTER BOMB LIQUID EYESHADOWS - Another product that I've sampled before with one shade, and loved so much that I'm well up for trying out more. Again, these work more like 'toppers'. Though this time - in glitter form. They really are like liquid glitter for your eyes and make the whole process of doing so so much quicker and easier too. There's no need for glitter glue, or faffing around with a loose glitter, simple gently dab over the top of your shadow and leave to dry - and you're done! I already have a gorgeous gold and definitely want to pick up some more colours at some point soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS