navigation

Friday 17 August 2018

Current Beauty Wishlist


It's been a while since I've done a collective beauty wishlist type of post, where I detail all of the beauty products - from all different categories and brands - that I've been lusting after lately. However, though I may not have documented it round these parts, rest assured that I definitely have by no means stopped doing so. You know how it is. So, I thought it was about time I actually did a not-so-little round-up of everything beauty-wise that has caught my eye recently...

BARRY M ALL NIGHT LONG FULL COVERAGE CONCEALER - I know right now I am obsessing over the Revolution Conceal and Define Concealer, but for a while now, I can't help but also be a little intrigued as to how this offering from Barry M - that launched not long after - would compare. I've heard some pretty good things about it so far and it's just as affordable so who knows whether at some point, I may just bite the bullet and give it a go?

I HEART REVOLUTION 'GIRLS BEST FRIEND' DIAMOND BAKED HIGHLIGHTER - I mean, would it even be a post by me if I didn't feature Revolution at some point? They're always releasing products and a lot of the time, they definitely catch my eye and this was certainly one of them. This is part of a new, three-piece range of highlighters, all shaped - as you can probably guess - like a diamond! Genius, right? Not only that, inside the pan is separated into three sections - two of one shade and one of another - and so, you actually get two highlighters for your buck here too. This colourway, 'Girls Best Friend', in particular has really stolen my heart as the colours inside just look just a piece of me, yanno? I know I've got well enough powder highlighters, but I can't help but go all heat-eyed emoji over this one...

HUDA BEAUTY CORAL OBSESSIONS PALETTE - Now, onto something that I've been properly lusting after for quite a while now. I don't currently own any high-end/luxury/whatever you want to call them eyeshadow palettes but right now, if I had to pick up my first finally, it would most likely be this one. A pretty small, compact palette with just nine shades - but look at them. A collection of pinks, yellows, oranges and just general warm tones - this colour scheme just calls out my name. I love wearing all of these types of colours on my eyes, especially around this time of year and that's exactly why I have been so, so tempted to pick it up. However, with it being on the slightly pricier side of things, right now I'm holding out on a more affordable dupe perhaps cropping up at some point. We'll see how that one goes...

MAC DAZZLESHADOW LIQUID EYESHADOWS - I love a good cream or liquid eyeshadow and this new launch from MAC has definitely caught my attention. Not only that, these look to be totally loaded with glitter and shimmer and certainly give me Stila Magnificent Metals kinda vibes which - as I've said before - you know is a product I am forever lusting after. As for this offering from MAC though, they come in a tonne of gorgeous-looking shades and I'm pretty intrigued as to how they work and look like on the eyes too.

NYX LIP LINER IN 'NATURAL' - Lips-wise, though I have quite a few nude lip liners that I love already, I can't help but always be on the lookout for others that could be just as good, if not even better options. I wear a nude lip a lot, so I'm always after the next best thing - whether that be lip colours or pencils - and I think I may have found something in this lip liner from NYX. NYX do great lip liners (I already own a couple myself) but so far, I'm yet to try out any of the more nude, neutral options and this one I have heard a lot of good things about. It looks to be the perfect 'MLBB' type of shade that's similar to my natural lip colour, but just a drop deeper and so, I guess there's only one way to find out if it really is...

MAC 'VELVET TEDDY' LIPSTICK - Now, this is a classic that's been a favourite of many for years and I've wanted to try it out for myself for basically as long too. A classic, beige-y nude with a matte finish - it sure sounds like the sort of thing I'd like too. I definitely have a lot of nude lipsticks (like, too many) so ultimately, I probably won't end up picking this up, but that sure don't stop me wanting it...

WET N WILD MEGALAST LIQUID CATSUIT MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICKS - Wet n Wild recently hit Beauty Bay and became available to buy in the UK for the first time (I think?) and so, I couldn't help but have a quick look at what their ranged was all about, having never really taken any major notice of them whilst they were still mainly based in the US. Obviously, one of the first items which really caught my eye was their range of liquid lipsticks - these ones right here. We all know I'm a bit a lot of a liquid lipstick fiend and I like trying out different, new formulas from different brands and so, I can't help but be intrigued as to how this offering would compare to my usual favourites. There's only one way to find out, right?

REAL TECHNIQUES BRUSH CRUSH #2 RANGE - Moving away from Makeup - kinda - we have a new range of makeup brushes that have grabbed my attention recently. You may remember that last year my favourite brush brand, Real Techniques, launched their 'Brush Crush' Range. Though I personally never picked up anything myself, it looked certainly all kinds of beautiful and so, when I saw they were coming out with a second collection, I had a quick gander and *Spoiler Alert* it is just as stunning. Once again, I'm unsure as to whether I'll actually pick anything up as my makeup brush pots are already bursting, plus a lot of these wouldn't really add anything majorly new to my stash, but if we were going on the aesthetics alone - I'd certainly be tempted...

MARC JACOBS DAISY LOVE EAU DE TOILETTE - Then, we come to a Perfume that I've recently added to my beauty lust-list. If you've been round these parts a while, you'll most likely know that Marc Jacobs Daisy is probably my favourite perfume. Ever since trying it out a few years back, it's been my number one go-to that I've repurchased one or two times since and just keep going back to. So, I can't help but be curious whenever a new version is released. This time round, it's Daisy love and not only is the packaging, as always, gorgeous, the perfume itself sounds pretty up my street too. Fruity, floral, but slightly musky and sexy - I really want to at least give this a sniff in-store to see what it's all about. And then, I guess, who knows?

I HEART REVOLUTION X SOPH VANILLA AND CREME BRULEE BODY MIST - Last, but certainly by no means least - a body mist! And, yes, it really is from Revolution again. The brand has actually expanded into the Fragrance and Bodycare market for the first time, a range of body mists being one of the first releases. This one is actually in collaboration with the lovely SophDoesNails yet again and not only that, this super-sweet, creamy scent sounds exactly like the sort of thing I'd enjoy too. The packaging is super reminiscent of her recent second launch and if what's inside is as gorgeous, I think we may be onto a winner here. Maybe when I'm next in need of a body spray again I'm pick this up for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS