navigation

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Top 10 Under £10 - Makeup Edition #2


Earlier on this week, I did this post here - detailing my 'Top 5 Under £5' for good ol' Makeup. As you can probably imagine, it was a round-up of my current top five favourites, makeup-wise, that all come under £5. We all love a good bargain, right? Well, to complete this little 'series' type thing, I figured it'd be a good idea to perhaps extend it and do the same thing, but giving myself a budget of £10 and - you guessed it - letting myself choose just ten makeup products that I'm currently loving and would highly recommend you all giving a try if you haven't already. So, without any further ado - shall we just get into it?

BOURJOIS HEALTHY MIX FOUNDATION - I just had to give this a mention. Though I've tried - and love - a lot of other affordable foundations, this is a staple of mine and I feel it could well be the same for a lot of others too. It's a classic, medium coverage that can be sheered out or built up as you'd like it to be and the finish is that perfect 'skin-like' effect that's not too matte, nor too dewy. It just looks so healthy and radiant (as the name suggests) and sits super nicely on the skin too. What more could you want?

LOTTIE LONDON 'READY, SET! GO' TRANSLUCENT SETTING POWDER - Recently, I tried a brand new translucent setting powder out and you know what? I really rather like it. Though completely colourless, it doesn't leave any white cast on the face, nor does ti flash back (yay!) and whether used to simply set the face, or to 'bake' (which is how I've been mainly using it for) it works like a dream. It really mattifies nicely, but doesn't make things look heavy, cakey or too dry and it keeps things fully locked into place all day long too.

L'OREAL 'BACK TO BRONZE' BRONZING POWDER - Currently, you know I'm loving a bronzer from CYO, but before that - this one from L'Oreal was my everyday go-to - and I'm sure I'll be going back to it once again soon as I still really like it. Plus, it comes in at under a tenner, so what better place to give it another shout-out than here, right? This is the perfect colour and undertone for my paler complexion - not too deep, nor too orangey - and it just warms up my skin perfectly, without looking too much, or too warm and Oompa Loompa-like. The formula blends onto the skin like a dream and though it's well-pigmented, it somehow doesn't deposit too much colour at once, allowing me to build things up more gradually. It's a good'un...

REVOLUTION X SOPH HIGHLIGHTER PALETTE - I had a good think about which of my (many) highlighters I wanted to give a mention in this round-up, but in the end, I figured - why not just show off this palette again? Not only do you get a grand total of eight highlighters in here - ranging from light to deep - this comes in at just £8 (yep, that's £1 a shade) and is also awesome quality too. The glow-givers in here are so creamy, glide onto the skin easy-peasy and are so intensely-pigmented, even when using the smallest amount of product. The shades are gorgeous (obviously, I especially like the paler shades) and they're really glowy, but without being chunky and glittery - so they look super nice and smooth on the skin too.

L'OREAL INFALLIBLE EYE PAINTS - Eyes-wise, I just had to give a mention to these beauties from L'Oreal. Generally, if I use a cream eyeshadow - whether as a base or as a stand-alone - my collection of these are one of the first products I gravitate towards. Not only is the formula super-pigmented in one coat, dries down quickly and lasts all day without cracking, fading, smudging or creasing - the handy little doe-foot applicator set-up makes application a breeze. Especially if wanting to use one of these to 'cut the crease' or create a halo-eye/spotlight eye effect (or to layer over the place where you've already done one of these with concealer as a base already), it means you quite literally paint these one exactly where you want them and the applicator does the work for you. Yay!

REVOLUTION EYESHADOW PALETTES - As I've said many, many times before, when it comes to affordable eyeshadow palettes - you just can go wrong with Revolution. Most of them come in at 10 or under (hence them being featured in this post) and yet the quality is just amazing. The shadows are super-pigmented, apply and blend like a dream and don't fade or crease throughout the day either. Nowadays, there's so, so many variations and colour schemes available so no matter what your preference are of what look you're after creating - Revolution will likely have an eyeshadow palette for you.

NYX EPIC INK LINER - Whenever I use liquid liner, this will always be the one I reach for. The formula is uber pitch-black, super-pigmented and combined with the slim brush tip, glides on with ease, enabling you to create a smooth line and a really crisp, sharp wing. It doesn't bleed or move around and once it's dried down, it stays in place all day long too.

L'OREAL LES LINER COUTURE BY COLOUR RICHE LIP LINER IN 'BEIGE A NU' - Moving onto Lips, I just had to throw this one in here. I love lip liner and I generally use one every time I apply makeup/do my lips and so far, I'd have to say one of, if not perhaps my all time favourite nude has to be this one from L'Oreal. Personally, it's the perfect 'MLBB'-type shade - basically, it's like the near exact same colour as my natural lips, but just a smidgen deeper and just, 'better', yanno? It's perfect for outlining and creating a more defined, 'perfect' shape but also, as it's super-close to my natural lip colour, it's ideal for over-lining my lips too - as I personally really like to over-line mine. Basically, this is my perfect nude lip liner and for such an affordable price-point, you really cannot go wrong...

MAYBELLINE SUPERSTAY MATTE INK LIQUID LIPSTICKS - Just like I did in my 'Top 5 Under £5' post, I felt like I really wanted to include one (or in this case, two) liquid lipstick ranges that fell under the budget that I really rather like as they're the format of lip colour I tend to reach for the most often nowadays. And when it comes to those that push the £10 price-point, I'd have to say this range from Maybelline have to be one of my top picks. Ever since trying them out for the first time, I've since accumulated up a fair few shades and love them all, a lot. Which is surprising as they're not the typical matte liquid lip formula and finish I tend to enjoy. Though they do go on glossy and set into place, they don't dry down completely, powdery-matte - instead, they retain a slight shiny, 'patent' like finish. They're still fully locked into place, transfer-proof and all of that but they're not completely matte, matte - and I actually really like that. It makes a nice change and as you can probably imagine, they're a super-comfortable liquid lip option as a result.

RIMMEL STAY MATTE LIQUID LIP COLOURS - Finally, we're finishing up on yet another awesome liquid lip that again, comes in at under a tenner. Now, if you are after a formula that does dry down to a fully powdery-matte finish, unlike the above, look no further than these ones from Rimmel. They come in a range of basically any and every colour you could wish for and the colours themselves are really well-pigmented too - applying and drying evenly and fully opaque in one coat! They have more of a moussey, whipped-like texture which dries super-quickly and feels super-lightweight and as I said, these do dry very matte on the lips. However, they don't make your lips feel or look really dry - which is always a bonus - and once set into place, are completely transfer-proof and just generally budge-proof all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS