navigation

Monday 20 August 2018

Polish Pick: Taupe Shimmer


We all know I love shimmery, glittery, sparkly nails. Even outside of the latter end of the year when we all tend to go a little mad for the sparkly stuff, I like to lacquer it on pretty consistently throughout the whole year and this time round, when doing my nails, was one of those occasions...

Starting off, I went in with a classic favourite polish of mine, Barry M's Molten Metal Nail Paint in 'Pink Ice'. We all know by now how much I adore this range of polishes and this colour has always been one of my favourite, favourites. A light, icy pink with  super shiny, shimmery, metallised finish - it's super pretty and of course, looks awesome alone - but as I've done in the past, I fancied giving it another little twist by layering something else over the top. So, I opted for the Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in 'Rose Chic'. Similarly to 'Pink Ice', this is a very cool-toned, icy pink colour, but this time in a finely-milled, shimmery set-up. Layered over the top of the Barry M offering, it just gives things so much more texture and dimension and of course, makes the colour we've got going on 'pop' even more so. The fact it's even more cool-toned makes the metallic colour underneath slightly more silvery and taupe and I really rather like it. It's just a little something different, yanno?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS