navigation

Wednesday 22 August 2018

London Lip Haul




Last week, I went to London for the first time so, so long (I think it's been about five years) and for the very first time, went with the main intention of shopping, shopping and shopping some more. I made a few purchases, some of course being beauty-based and so, I thought I'd share them with you all. Funnily enough, they all actually ended up being lip products - so I guess here we have my London Lip Haul...

First off, I really fancied treating myself to something I wanted to pick up for ages from MAC. As you may have seen in a post last week, I have been lusting after their Matte Lipstick in 'Velvet Teddy' for so, so long - ever since it became hugely popular and hyped up a few years back - and yet, I've always managed to resist picking it up for myself. Well, until now that is. I was in London, with some leftover birthday money so I figured there was no real better opportunity to finally give it a go and see what all the fuss is about. I gave it a quick swatch in-store to see what I thought and it looked to me like a pretty good nude colour for me (it actually looked rather similar to what I was wearing, colour-wise, on my lips that exact day) and luckily, they had it in stock so here we have it! It really does look like the perfect nude for me. A slightly pinky, brown-ey nude that's not too light, nor too deep - just like my lips, but better - and with that lovely matte, MAC lipstick formula that I've tried and loved before. I've got pretty high hopes for this one. I'm yet to give it a go on my lips just yet (I wanted to keep it all fresh and new for photo-taking purposes, obvs) but rest assured, you know I'll be whacking it on asap now that's all out of the way...

To pair up with that lippie (and also just generally with any nude lip colours seeing as I already had my eye on these pencils already) I also picked up two of the NYX Lip Liners. As I said, I already fancied picking two shades in particular up as I felt I was in need of some more nude lip liners - with my collection already being small-ish and some of my current favourites quickly running out - and especially after making my little MAC purchase earlier, I was even more eager to do so. I picked up 'Natural' (a, would you believe it, natural-looking, 'MLBB'-type beige-y brown) and 'Peekaboo Neutral' (a very similar colour. only slightly more pink-toned). Both very close to my natural lip colour, so great for not only lining, but also over-lining my lips - as I generally like to do - and so both should work well with a whole host of nude lip colours. I've tried this range of lip pencils before and the formula is generally awesome - creamy enough to apply, whilst also waxy enough to create some resistance and also enable it to stay in place all day long aswell - so once again, I'm rather hopeful that these two may just become my new go-to's, lip liner-wise...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS