navigation

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Autumn Nudes - Take Two...


Around this time last year, you may remember I did this post where I talked you lovely lot through all of my nudes (lipsticks, that is, of course) that I'm either starting to, or will be soon gravitating towards over the upcoming Autumn months. Of course, when the Autumn/Winter hits, I'm love a good ol' bold, deep/dark lip, you cannot go wrong with a classic nude and as with pretty much every season, there's a definitely a selection that I reach for (or can see myself reaching for) more over the Autumn. So, a year later, I thought I'd do the same kinda thing all over again. Cause, you know, favourites change and all that - and I definitely have a different crop of go-to's that I want to talk to you all about, so let's gets started...

MAC MATTE LIPSTICK IN 'VELVET TEDDY' - Ever since finally buying this cult classic a month or so ago (which I talked about here), it has become a proper go-to nude lipstick of mine and I can see that extending into the Autumn too. Whilst it's a perfect nude for me anytime of the year; the warm, beige-y undertone and super-matte finish I feel just makes it an ideal go-to for the upcoming months.

BARRY M MATTE ME UP LIQUID LIP PAINT IN 'ON THE SCENE' - Another warm, browney-nude that I can see myself reaching for a lot during the Autumn is this offering from Barry M. It's no secret that their matte liquid lipsticks are possibly my favourite of all and this shade is an absolute beaut too. In the tube itself and once first applied, this looks to be a pretty light beige nude, but it actually dries down to a slightly deeper  - and in my opinion, more Autumnal-appropriate - mid-toned brown.

SLEEK MATTE ME LIP CREAM IN 'BIRTHDAY SUIT' - We all know this one, right? Now, this one really is a colour that I gravitate towards all year long, but I feel like it's especially well-suited to these next few months. A pinky, mauve-y nude with a dose of brown thrown in there for good measure - it's one of my favourite nude lips and I definitely can see myself reaching for it even more so this Autumn...

NYX LIP LINGERIE LIQUID LIPSTICK IN 'CASHMERE SILK' - Finally, Another liquid lip, I know, but the NYX Lip Lingerie's are another firm favourite range of mine and this colour is yet again, a great offering for the upcoming season, in my opinion. This mid-toned, warm brown has a slightly purple-y undertone to it which I feel gives it that rich, Autumnal-like vibe and once applied and I just really love the super-matte and long-lasting, yet also very comfortable finish of these liquid lipsticks too.

COLLECTION VELVET KISS LIP CREAM IN 'HOT CAKES' - Finally, yet another liquid lipstick - kinda. As the name suggests, these ones from Collection have a creamier texture and more velvet-like finish and though as a result, aren't as matte-matte and don't last as long on the lips - they're so comfortable and easy to wear. Plus, this colour is just a beaut, especially for the Autumn. This is the deepest of the lot, but once applied onto the lips, it actually kind of sheers out slightly to this perfect, rich, deep brown that's not too dark and just very Autumn-ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS