navigation

Friday 7 September 2018

The Many Uses Of A Pencil/Kohl Eyeliner...


Though nowadays I'm all about the good ol' liquid eyeliner, back in the day I was a big lover of the pencil/kohl variety. Taken heavily on the lower lash-line and smudged out (not very well, that is) it was my 'signature' kinda look when I first got into makeup - if you could even call it that - as a young teenager. As I sad, over the years I became more partial to a liquid liner to create more drama and definition on the upper lash-line with a classic, feline flick, but I still do own and enjoy using the pencils and kohls occasionally when I'm after something more 'soft' and smokey and generally for still adding a little somethin' somethin' underneath my eyes (though perhaps less crazily full-on as I used to, thankfully). But, believe it or not, there's actually a few other ways you can utilise your pencil eyeliners other than for framing those peepers. Wanna find out more? Just keep on reading... 

AS AN EYELINER, OF COURSE! - The obvious one, but I guess it has to be mentioned nevertheless. Whether scribbled on and smudged out for that smokey eye, or drawn on a little more precise to create a sharper, feline wing (but without using the classic liquid liner to do so) it's a great way to switch things up. Plus, there's just so many colours, formulas and textures you can experiment with too!

AS AN EYESHADOW BASE - Kohl pencils in particular not only work great as liners but also as eye bases too, scribbled all over the mobile lid and quickly blended out. They're super creamy so glide on pretty well and give a nice, tacky base for whatever you place on top and yet they give just enough movement time before they dry down and set into place - and will not budge till you say so. The wide variety of colours and formulas you can access means they're great for particular eye looks where you require a certain tone or colourway and so, perhaps if you're after something more specific then - check them out!

TO BRIGHTEN UP THE INNER CORNERS OF YOUR EYES - Got some lighter, brighter shades in your stash? Try drawing them on in the very inner corners of your eyes to just lighten and just open them up nicely and be prepared to look a hell of a lot more wide-eyed, awake and ready to go...

TO THICKEN UP YOUR LASHES - You know sometimes you just want that little bit 'more' from your mascara and you don't want apply a pair of falsies, or can't for the situation? Take a matching pencil liner (usually this will be black or brown) and scribble it in-between your lashes and in your tight-line to create the illusion of a thicker, fuller lash-line and as a result - more lashes. Yay!

TO DRAW ON FAUX FRECKLES - Fake (or faux) freckles are a big, big thing right now and though, as I've said in the past - they aren't really my cup of tea or something I do myself personally - I know a lot of people do and something that I've heard is great to use is a good, pencil eyeliner. Match up to your correct colour - and of course, ensure there's no shimmer lurking inside, unless that's the look your going for - and freckle away!

TO CONTOUR YOUR LIPS - Last, but certainly by no means least - Lips. Got an ashy brown pencil eyeliner that perhaps isn't getting enough love in your collection? Try it out to contour and add some extra fullness and shape to your pout. I personally love taking some right at the very underneath of my bottom lip and also at the very outer corners of both to make things look far more plump and it really does work wonders. Give it a try if you haven't already...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS