navigation

Monday 1 October 2018

What's In My 'Beauty Station'?


In terms of my makeup storage, I have a few areas where I like to house things. I have a big IKEA Alex 9 Drawer unit where I keep the majority of my makeup collection - plus the main bulk of my other beauty products such as my haircare, skincare, bodycare items - but I also hold my 'everyday' makeup collection of things that are staples in my stash, things I use most often at that moment or are simply brand new to my collection in a collection of MUJI Acrylic Drawers on my dressing table. Then, finally, on top of that we have what I like to call my 'Beauty Station'. And up until this week, it was made up of a very, very old acrylic storage system from Primark that I'd bought years ago and had well and truly seen better days. So, when in my local store again this week, I spotted what I like to think of as an 'updated' version of my old one that looked to be a pretty perfect replacement for it. A little longer and a better fit for my acrylic drawers, with a super-pretty diamante detail to finish it off - looks rather lovely, doesn't it? Well, if that wasn't enough, it was only £4 too! Bargain. Let's see what I've placed inside...

At the very back of the system at the very left, there's two little split pots, of which I've put in my tweezers and also a pair of eyebrow trimming scissors too - both of which were also from good ol' Primark! Moving towards the right-hand side, there's a more shallow, longer section and in here I've housed my staple eyeshadow 'tool' - a Shadow Switch - and also a multi-hole cosmetic pencil sharpener (which was again, from Primark!). I also have my rose gold eyelash curlers balancing in-between the two sections here too.

Moving downwards, on the left-hand side we have one larger 'open' section and in here I hold the two setting sprays I've got on the go at the moment - my faithful, Urban Decay's All Nighter and also the Barry M Illuminating Setting Spray. The former is an all-time staple in my stash that's always there, but the Barry M is something I've been using only recently to switch things up and honestly, though I've enjoyed it, I think I will be sticking to my beloved All Nighter again once it's all used up so that's certainly something that won't be in this storage unit forever, but right now, it's there nevertheless. At the front, I have my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - now conveniently housed in a handy stand that I got in a set from the brand a while ago - and also the Barry M Lip Scrub in 'Peppermint' and my Nivea Lip Balm, both of which are awesome to have on hand for when my lips are in need on some SOS, especially when it comes to makeup time and I want to prep things before applying my lip products.

Finally, we move onto the right-hand bottom section and here we have the lipstick organiser! Though I don't wear 'traditional' bullet lipsticks that regularly (matte liquid lipsticks are more of my kind of thing nowadays) I do still like to make the most of this storage area so here I house some of my favourite bullet lipsticks in the sort of shades I wear most often - nudes. From the top left on the top row we have two of my favourite Tanya Burr Cosmetics Lipsticks in the shades 'Bear Hug' and 'Sunday Walk', two Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks in '45' and '54'. In the next row we have my two Soph X Revolution Lipsticks in 'Syrup' and 'Cake', the Revolution Matte Lipstick in 'Chuaffeur' and their Rose Gold Lipstick in the same shade. Then, in the final bottom row I have my three MAC Lipsticks - 'Patisserie', 'Mehr' and my most recent addition, 'Velvet Teddy' and my one L'Oreal Color Riche Shine Lipstick in '642 MLBB'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS