navigation

Monday 26 November 2018

Primark Beauty Haul


I've dabbled in the world of Primark Makeup a couple of times before - but not in a pretty long time - and so last time I ventured into my local store, there were a fair few things that caught my attention and hence, made their way into my basket. And so I thought, why not share them with you all? Let's get started...

First off, I spotted the Primark Face Massager. I know, I know - a bit of a random one - but just hear me out! I've heard and seen a lot of good things about face 'rollers' or 'massagers' recently and so, when I saw this one in good ol' Primark that looks identical to all of the ones I've seen, for just £1.50 - I knew I had to give it a go. I've heard a lot of good things about how they're meant to help reduce any puffiness, help even skin-tone and also potentially help prevent wrinkles and keep things upright for longer, which at 21 is something I am definitely I am considering. I want to keep things looking as they are for as long as possible! It's also something that supposedly works wonders on your neck area too, which is something I've always have been conscious of maintaining and taking care of - through moisturising it and pushing things upwards as opposed to downwards - so I will definitely give it a try very soon and report back on how I get on!

Moving onto the actual Makeup, I finally got my hands on their infamous Skinny Brow Pencil. This has been getting rave reviews for ages now and if that wasn't enough to tempt you, it comes in at only £2. Yes, that's right - two pounds! People have been comparing this offering to many similar, more expensive alternatives - such as the likes of ABH's Brow Wiz, NYX's Micro Brow Pencil and so on - and seeing as my preferred brow product for filling them in is a good, skinny brow pencil, I knew I had to give this offering a try for myself. My current favourite - the Eylure X Fleur De Force 'Brow Define' Pencil - is much like this, but comes with two colours and I really like that set-up, when used with a separate spoolie. However, with this pencil from Primark being just £2, I could still pick up two different shades (one lighter for the front, one darker for the arch and tail) but for a fraction of the price that I usually pay - plus added spoolies! So, I am pretty excited to see how it compares because if it's just as good (if not, maybe even better), I might just have to make the switch and save myself some money too!

I also spotted something pretty damn exciting whilst in the Beauty section - potential Stila Glitter and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow dupes! I know, I know. Ever since they were released a couple of years back, everyone and their Nan has been going mad for them and as a result - a lot of cheaper brands have been trying to dupe them too. And, I see that now includes Primark! These are their Glitter Liquid Eyeshadows and in pretty much every way - these look near-identical to the Stila Glitter and Glow's. From packaging, shape and size  to the range of shades available - visually, they're definitely one of the closest dupes I've personally seen before. Now, I have never tried the Stila offering, but I have actually recently picked up a shade in the Beauty Bay Black Friday Sale at last as they are so heavily discounted and at a price that's much more reasonable than they usually are, so I'm looking forward to finally seeing what all the fuss is about. But, not only that, I'm also now eager to see how these 'dupes' from Primark compare. Again, I will definitely let you all know when I get my hands on the Stila one that I've ordered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS