navigation

Friday 23 November 2018

Tricks To Make Your Brows Appear Fuller...


Having naturally very sparse, a-little-sad-looking brows, one of my main goals when doing my makeup is always to make them appear much fuller, thicker and basically like there is a lot more hair there than there actually is. And over the years, I feel like I've kinda nailed it - even if I do say so myself. Whether it be the products I use (yes, that's right, always products), the application or the technique - I've certainly found a few tips 'n' tricks along the way that can definitely go a long way in helping our brows look much more Cara Delevinge-esque...

BRUSH THEM BROWS UP - One tip I really find makes the difference in making my brows look far thicker is by brushing the hairs upwards. Not only does this help me to see the shape I am creating/following before filling them in, it also really gives them a much fuller, voluminous appearance - especially when used in-conjunction with a brow gel as a finishing step (but we'll talk more about that one a little later)...

USE MULTIPLE PRODUCTS - It's no secret that I have always used at least two products at a time on my brows. They of course do different things, but I also just generally enjoy the effect that combining multiple products gives too. It creates a more 'natural' look (you know what I mean) and a completely locked-in, long-lasting finish but not only that, I also feel it makes the brows look beefier too. By using more than just one product, you're also creating more depth and texture and hence, giving the illusion of a much fuller brow. Yay!

LAYER DIFFERENT TONES - Not only do I like to use multiple products on my brows, I also like to mix up the shades or tones I use too. Aswell as giving a more hair-like look to your brows and helping to lightly feather the front nicely, this trick once again just really gives you a hand in creating texture and the illusion of a thicker, fuller brow.

CREATE FAUX HAIR-LIKE TEXTURE - The way you apply your pomade, pencil, powder (or whatever you choose to use to fill your brows in with) can make all the difference in beefing up your brows. I personally always use a pencil and find by drawing it on in hair-like strokes as opposed to scribbling it on more 'blocky' really helps in giving my brows a more 'hairy' finish and the illusion that there is a lot more there naturally! It really is all about the way you apply products, just as much as it is the actual products themselves...

USE A FIBER BROW GEL - Finally, the second product I can never skip out on in my personal brow routine will forever be a brow gel. And not just any brow gel - a tinted, fiber brow gel. Not only does it help set the brows into place until you say so, the tine of colour helps add extra dimension and the added fibers really make the difference, in my opinion, in terms of making my brows look much more naturally-full in appearance. Combine this tip with the very first - brushing the brow hairs you do have upwards to make them look more bushy - and you're good to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS