navigation

Thursday 5 December 2019

Best Beauty Gift Ideas #DitsyDecember


It's well into December now and you may be thinking just what you should get for each special person in your life. Well, if they're into all things beauty, maybe this post might just come in handy. From makeup to bodycare, fragrance to skincare - I have a few suggestions. Whether they be things I personally love, know others love; things that have been bought for me or items I've chosen out for others - let's gets started... 

REVOLUTION X SOPH EXTRA SPICE PALETTE - I just have to recommend this awesome and super affordable palette. If you're wanting to gift someone an eyeshadow palette this Christmas - providing they down't own this one already - this would be a great choice. It's mainly neutral-based but there's also some great pops of colour thrown in there too which allow for such versatility and endless looks. The mattes are super pigmented and blendable whilst the shimmers apply so intense and foiled-like onto the lid. What more could you ask for?

OFRA HIGHLIGHTERS - I know these are a little more pricey, but if you want to spend a little more and just get someone one item of makeup as opposed to a couple - you just cannot go wrong with the highlighters from OFRA. Ever since very luckily receiving the Nikkie Tutorials collaboration, 'Glazed Donut', for my Birthday earlier this year, it's quickly become one of, if not my favourite highlighter in my entire collection. You really do get what you pay for here. Not only is the colour spot-on perfect, the formula is so creamy and has such an intense, blinding finish - yet doesn't look heavy, chunky or glittery on the skin at all. Of course, they offer many other shades which will complement other skin-tones too so if this shade won't work for you, pick another one out and I'm sure you will not be disappointed...

URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER SETTING SPRAY - Another slightly more expensive option that may be good if you just want to get one item of great quality makeup that you know the person will love and use - a setting spray! If you love makeup, you'll typically love and regularly use a good setting spray to set things into place and in terms of good one, Urban Decay All Nighter just cannot be beaten in my opinion. I've tried many other setting/finishing sprays that are good, but none which I feel are as good or better than this one. This really does completely and utterly lock your makeup down and keep it looking fabulous all day/night long. Come the end of the day, it'll look virtually as you first applied it! The mist is really nice as it's fine enough to not be aggressive, but you can still feel assured that it's being applied and the scent is not overly offensive or overpowering - plus, you don't need many spritzes to cover your face effectively, so whilst it is a little more pricey, it lasts for ages before it runs out!

SOSU LASHES - False lashes are another great option for if you're after a good, solid beauty-based gift this Christmas and the person you're buying for loves their falsies and could do with either a replacement pair of one of their go-to styles or perhaps completely new one to try! And if you're after a certain range which is such good quality, yet pretty affordable at the same time - look no further than the So Su Range at Primark. From what I can see on her website, all of her lashes in general look amazing, but the exclusive collection for Primark is what introduced me to the brand to start with and is what I particularly love myself. Accessible, affordable, great quality, loads of styles to choose from and they're almost faux-mink like - not at all 'plasticy' looking, super full, fluffy and 3D in appearance.

REAL TECHNIQUES BRUSH SETS - Tools-wise, I just can't not recommend Real Techniques. Amazing quality brushes that do the job well, at such a reasonable price-point too! Especially this year, they've brought out so many gorgeous looking sets of brushes and sponges with such lovely designs. There's some which are more base-orientated, some which are more for the eyes and others which are a bit of a mix and could theoretically help you accomplish a large majority of your makeup routine in one set. Just plump for whatever one seems the most up your loved one's street and you're good to go!

PRIMARK PERFUMES - Perfume is a staple beauty-related gift for all occasions, especially come Christmas, but perhaps if you're not wanting to go all-out on a 'proper', expensive perfume (which you may not even be totally sure the person you're gifting it for will love) - check out the perfumes at Primark! They're really affordable (far more so than your usual perfumes), there's so many variations of scent combinations on offer and as I mentioned, hopefully your loved one will find something they really love and would make for a great everyday perfume - when you perhaps don't want to wear a really pricey, proper fragrance - and even if they don't enjoy it so much, it doesn't feel like a waste.

REVOLUTION SKINCARE X JAKE JAMIE FACE MASKS - Moving onto Skincare, you can;t go wrong with a lovely face mask - right? And I have so many I could have thrown in here, but I thought I'd give a mention to this range which is in collaboration with influencer Jake Jamie. Now, whilst I haven't tried any of these myself, I have heard some pretty good things and thought it was right to give it to these over other ranges I have tried and explored more myself as I feel these perhaps fit the whole 'gifting' theme a little better. They're really affordable and accessible and the whole theme of the range is that they're fully effective, functional face masks - but they're fun and 'Instagrammable' at the same time! And who doesn't like a bit of fun and gimmick at Christmas ? But of course with these, you're still getting a functional face mask, so it really is the best of both worlds here...

SOAP AND GLORY SETS - You can't do a beauty gift guide post without giving a well-deserved shout out to Soap and Glory. Every single Christmas, they really do bring it when it comes to awesome, affordable, great quality gift sets. There's a mixture of different product line-ups - whether you want all one department (e.g. all bath and body) or a mixture (e.g. bath and body and makeup) - and there's an awesome range of sizes and price-points, no matter what your budget is and how much you're looking to spend on your loved one. There's also their seasonal range 'Naughty But Spice' making a return this year too - and I may or may not have it on my own personal wishlist...

BOMB COSMETICS BATH BOMBS - Bath Bombs - another classic gifting option. And whilst the likes of LUSH are a staple go-to, if you're maybe after spending a little less and getting even more bang for your buck - look no further than Bomb Cosmetics. They so such a great range of bath bombs in both adorable designs and yummy scents too. and whilst they are a little more affordable, they still do the job well - fizzing nicely, making an instant impact and leaving behind a gorgeous pattern and strong fragrance in the bath water. You can buy some separately or in cute, ready-packaged gift sets - whatever works best for you...

THE WET BRUSH - Last, but by no means least - I have one awesome Haircare item I just had to give a mention to. I could have easily gave a shout-out to some bangin' actual haircare products (shampoos, conditioners, treatments and so on) but then I realised that like most things, it's not going to work well for everyone. But, if there's one haircare-related item that I believe certainly will - it's The Wet Brush. I know you may be thinking 'But it's just a hair brush?!' and believe me, I used to think the same thing - until I tried it myself. And then I soon realised that this is by far the best hairbrush you will ever use. Used on wet or dry hair, this glides through your tresses so easily; without tugging, breaking or pulling your hair out at all. There's even one which is especially to be used when blow-drying your hair too (and it's also awesome!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS