navigation

Saturday 26 December 2020

Moment Of Makeup - Christmas Day #DitsyDecember



I love doing a post like this every year - what makeup I chose to wear on Christmas Day! And, as usual, it's a classically festive affair with glowy skin, glam golden eyes and a ruby red lip. Let's take a closer look...

I always like to do my Eyes first for looks like this, so I started by priming them with my go-to eye base, Revlon Candid Concealer! Once that was all patted in, I went straight in with my eyeshadow and for that, I chose my beloved Beauty Bay X MmmMitchell Palette. This had all the warm, golden neutrals (plus stunning shimmers) that I wanted for this classic Christmas Day look - so I started by packing the deep brown 'Monday' all throughout my crease and creating a winged-out shape, before starting to blend that out and upwards using a slightly warmer brown 'Main'. I then blended that shade out using a mix of 'Meh' and 'Macaroni' to get that perfect light, slightly mustardy-toned beige for everything to fade out to. I packed the deepest brown 'Monday' on my outer corner, mixed with a touch of the black 'Mafia' to really get that necessary depth I wanted, before using 'Main' to fade it slightly across my lid. I cut my crease using my Revlon Candid Concealer again, before packing on the beautiful yellow gold shimmer in the palette - 'Melted' - on the majority of my lid! I used my finger as I find this shade picks up best this way, but I did pick up some on a small, flat definer brush just to get right up to the precise cut crease shape. I picked up some of 'Master' (a cooler-toned, bronze shimmer) also on a finger and placed this besides (and also layered it with) 'Melted', just to ensure the golden shimmery lid faded nicely into where the mattes in the outer corner began. I also pulled out one of my favourite gold liquid glitters - the Technic The Glitz Liquid Glitter Eyeshadow in 'Gold' - and took some on a small, flat brush to just gently place some over the top of the gold eyeshadow, from the inner corner of the eye, fading outwards. Then, I wanted to create a classic black winged liner (as usual for my festive look) and for that I of course used my new fave from 2020, Maybelline's Hyper Easy Eyeliner! I added a coat of my L'Oreal Air Volume Mascara on my top lashes and the MAC Extended Play Mascara on my lower lashes, before applying a pair of my favourite falsies to complete the look - the SoSu Glam 'Dubai' Lashes

Moving onto the Face, I started by priming using my Barry M Unicorn Primer Drops, before going in with one of my top foundations of the 2020 - my Revolution Conceal and Glow Foundation. Once blended in using my beauty sponge, I applied my Revolution Conceal and Hydrate Concealer in all of the usual places - under the eyes, chin, nose, cheeks - and also used my Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer on a small brush to add any extra coverage if needed (and I also used this later on to clean up my my brows!). I powdered my face using my Collection Primed and Ready Invisible Setting Powder, before 'baking' certain areas I really like to lock into place and are prone to creasing (under the eyes, smile lines etc) using my I Heart Revolution Coconut Baking Powder! I then decided to do my Brows, so I filled them in using my MUA Brow Define Micro Pencils in 'Light Brown' and 'Mid Brown' (I use the former, lighter hue to feather the front of my brows and the latter, deeper shade for the main bulk of my brows), before setting them into place with my faithful L'Oreal Brow Artiste Plumper in 'Medium/Dark'.

Carrying on with my Face, I contoured my cheeks, jawline and nose using my Essence Contouring Duo Palette in 'Lighter Skin', before bronzing the skin using my Revolution Pro Sculpting Bronzer in 'Bahia'. I lightly dusted some of my Revolution Pro Skin Finish Powder in 'Luminescent' all over the complexion to give my skin a nice, subtle all-over glow, before actually highlighting using my Benefit Cookie Highlighter. It's Christmas, so I kinda fancied going for one of my more pricey, boujee highlighters, plus this gorgeous pearly champagne tone is just ideal for a festive glow! I applied this in all of the usual glow-giving places - tops of the cheekbones, bride of the nose, Cupid's bow - before taking some on a smaller detailer brush to highlight the inner corners of my eyes and brow bone.

Then, we're onto Lips and of course, I had to go for a classic, Christmassey red - and it also had to be super matte, as is my preference when it comes to any bold or bright lippie. I started off by lining, defining (and of course overlining) them using my NYX Slim Lip Pencil in 'Hot Red', before filling them in using one of my favourite matte red lipsticks - MAC's Retro Matte Lipstick in 'Ruby Woo'! A few spritzes of my usual go-to, Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray to really seal the deal and fully lock things into place and I'm good to go for Christmas Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS