navigation

Sunday 27 December 2020

Polish Pick: Christmas Day #DitsyDecember



It wouldn't be Christmas without me showcasing how I decided to do my nails - would it? And as usual, it's super glittery and classically festive - so here's what I came up with for Christmas 2020...

I really wanted to do something incorporating all of the classis Christmas colours in one look - red, gold and green - and I think I did hat quite well with what I came up with. I started by alternating two of the Barry M Crystal Rocks Nail Paints, in 'Red Jaspar' (a classic, bright red glitter) and 'Emerald Green' (a rich, forest green glitter with a subtle blue and gold shift) between all of my nails. Two coats was more than enough to achieve full opacity and as always, these polishes apply super glossy and shimmery and quickly dry down to a matte, full-on glitter finish that's super festive! Then, to add in the gold I of course opted for a good ol' glitter 'topper' - another from Barry M too! This was the Barry M Glitter Nail Paint in 'Majestic Sparkle' - a go-to of mine for whenever I want gold glitter on my nails for a while now. This is your classic, warm gold glitter with a nice mixture of smaller and larger sparkly flecks to really help create that textured, dimensional finish! I find it's really loaded up with the sparkly stuff too, meaning you only really need one good layer of this polish to get enough glitter on each nail. I really love how it looks layered over both 'Red Jaspar' and 'Emerald Green' and all together, I managed to create the super Christmassey colour scheme I wanted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS