navigation

Monday 28 December 2020

New Year Nude Lips... #DitsyDecember



Whilst Christmas is all about a classic red lip, New Year's is when the nude lip typically makes its return. So, what better time to share some of my favourite nude lippies? Let's go...

REVOLUTION MATTE LIPSTICK IN 'CHAUFFEUR' - I can't do a post about nude lippies and not mention this one! This was thrown into my Project Pan 2020 as I was using it so regularly and it still remains a favourite of mine. A light, but not too light, beige nude with the slightest touch of mauve - this works with a variety of lip liners, complements so many looks and though a matte finish, it's not too matte and drying in feel and look on the lips.

REVOLUTION POWDER KISS LIPSTICK IN 'NAKED' - We all know by now that the Revolution Powder Kiss Lipsticks are one of my favourite lipstick ranges overall and this shade is perfect as a 'nude' for my skin-tone. Once again, it's a light (but not too light) beige shade, though this one has more of an orangey, peachy undertone. This formula is just stunning too - it's as matte as a traditional bullet lipstick can be. It's fully shine-free, transfer-proof and requires minimal re-touches throughout the day, however it still feels and looks so comfortable and not drying at al on the lips! Perfect.

I HEART REVOLUTION CHOCOLATE LIPSTICK IN 'SALTED CARAMEL' - I was so interested in trying one of the shades from this new range a couple of months back as I love the I Heart Revolution Chocolate Lipglosses. These lipsticks come in the exact same array of shades, so I plumped for my ultimate favourite colour I own from the glosses - 'Salted Caramel' - and it's quickly become a new go-to nude lippie of mine ever since! It's the same, beigey nude hue with the slightest hint of pinky-mauve and I just love it. Works with so many lip liners and makeup looks - so I knew it had to feature in this round-up!

MUA SATIN LIPSTICK IN 'TLC' - I picked this lippie up after loving the 'TLC' lip liner from MUA and again, I found the matching item to be just as impressive! This is a slightly 'deeper' nude, though it's still pretty light in tone as I find it to match up to my natural lip colour almost incidentally. A true MLBB, I guess! This lipstick again has a rosey undertone and I think that especially pulls through with it being that step darker than the lipsticks I've mentioned already. As I said earlier, this is an ideal MLBB-type colour as it complements my natural lip colour so well, just making it more pinky and polished in finish!

MAC MATTE LIPSTICK IN 'VELVET TEDDY' - Last, but certainly not least - another slightly 'deeper' nude! MAC Velvet Teddy will forever be a classic and for good reason too, it's so good! It's still a beige-y nude, but it's definitely still got that slight red undertone. And again, this is very much a MLBB-type colour as it leans very close to my natural lip colour, just more rosey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS