navigation

Tuesday 29 December 2020

Dainty Ditsy In 2020 - The Best Bits... #DitsyDecember



2020 really hasn't been the best year, at all. Understatement of the year, I know - but it's true. However, as I like to every year round these parts, I like to do a yearly round-up of Dainty Ditsy and that tradition will be continuing this year! Let's get started...

January started with me promising a less 'structured' schedule for my blog this year - and good job too I guess, with what 2020 had in store for us all! I did my traditional yearly beauty favourites here and here, before starting my yearly series for 2020 - my Makeup Project Pan! I tried some new makeup all-time favourites in my Benefit Cookie Highlighter and BPerfect Carnival XL Pro Palette and also tried out a new lip technique which I actually really loved!

Then we come to February and this month I rounded up some recent Empties, tried out some brand new makeup (some of which quickly became new staples for me) and also tried a brand new hair mask from Soap and Glory - something I never thought I'd say! 

March was a very, very quiet one as it was the infamous month when everything went down the pan - to put it super mildly! I quite literally just managed to post three posts in March and two of those were my two staples for each month - my Project Pan Update and my Monthly Favourites!

In April things were still chaotic and bizarre, but things did kinda pick back up a little on this blog - so that's one good thing I guess! I managed to try out some new products from ELF and Revolution Beauty and found a new favourite setting spray - but it wasn't all about the new stuff! I also did a post raving all about one of my favouirte matte lipstick formulas, the Revolution Powder Matte Lipsticks. My faves!

May was a slightly better month for me, mainly due to it being my Birthday Month! I did my nails all up for the occasion (even though I really didn't do anything at all, due to Lockdown), rounded-up some recent Empties and also featured a brand new hair mask which I'd been loving! A much quieter month on here again, but I think this time it was because I had my Birthday, which was a welcome distraction from everything going on!

After my Birthday, I did some well-needed makeup shopping as a 'treat yourself' - both because of my Birthday and also because of the world's events! So, in June, I had a good amount of new makeup goodness - and of course, I just had to share everything with you all! I shared my thoughts on one of those palettes from that haul (Spoiler Alert: I loved it), compiled another 'Missa Made Me Buy It' (because MakeMeUpMissa really has influenced so many of my makeup purchases - and continues to do so too!) and shared some of my favourite lip liner formulas!

July saw me round-up all of my top, top favourites from 2020 so far, before reviewing yet another new palette from my Birthday Makeup Haul - and once again, I loved it! I showcased a brand new, super cute nail polish collection from Barry M, before rounding up all of my favourites from the month!

August was a really quiet one yet again - I think due to the weather being so nice and things starting to get back to some form of normality (although, we all know how things went from there), I was enjoying living in the moment rather than posting on the blog. However, I did still do my Project Pan Update and Monthly Beauty Favourites - because of course, I was still testing new products the whole month!

September saw me get back on track with more 'regular' posting once more, starting with a brand new set of makeup brushes that I got for an utter steal of a price, along with a brand new foundation that I tried and quickly fell in love with!

In October I again had a pretty quiet month - only popping in for my two 'staple' posts - my Project Pan Update and Monthly Favourites! Oops...

Then, we come to last month, November - and I did actually manage to get more posts up, yay! I tried a couple of new nail polishes from Barry M (which I loved), also tried a couple of palettes from Beauty Bay that I'd been lusting after for a while (and I also adored those too), before introducing Blogmas...

December is nor quite done and dusted just yet, but it's already been a good'un. I've really enjoyed #DitsyDecember this year. I always do, but I think it's been especially uplifting for me to create and post this time round, helping me to get into the festive spirit a little more and leave the chaos of 2020 hopefully on a better, slightly brighter note. I really hope it's perhaps done the same for some of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS