navigation

Wednesday 30 December 2020

Project Pan 2020 - Makeup Edition: Finale! #DitsyDecember




It's time for my last Project Pan 2020 Update of the Year - a.k.a. the entire Project! I can't believe we're now at the finish line. I'm undecided as to whether I want to run something like this again for 2021, but for now - let's recap not only my progress for December, but across the whole year too, finishing this entire series on a high...

What I've Made Progress On...

  • Revolution X Soph Extra Spice Palette - I did make use of this palette a good couple of times and enjoyed it, as always! I was hoping to have perhaps hit pan on another couple of shades by this point - the end of the Project Pan - but all in all, I'm really happy with the progress I made on this item this year. I hit pan on a good handful of shades, made my 'pans' in others much bigger and continued to make good dents in most of the rest. Success!
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer - I use this every time I do my makeup and as I always say - because of this, I have made more progress on it this month! I still have a way to go to fully using this concealer all up, but I am definitely going to keep going and am looking forward to when that day finally comes...
  • Collection Primed and Ready Invisible Setting Powder - Again, another staple in my routine that comes out every time I do my makeup - and I actually hit pan this month, yay! I can't wait to keep going on this until I finally use it all up. Another one of these that I've had that'll bite the dust!
  • Revolution Pro Sculpting Bronzer in 'Bahia' - This bronzer has been my go-to for month now and though I've still to see any outline of pan or actually hit pan, I have been using it virtually every day and can still see the pattern in the pan gradually wearing away more and more - so I'm pleased. I know one day I will eventually hit pan as I've been enjoying this bronzer so much!
  • Revolution Matte Lipstick in 'Chauffeur' - I've definitely not been wearing this lipstick as much lately - with Christmas-time, I'v been really loving a bold lip even more so than usual - but when I have wanted a good, classic nude - this lippie has been one of my most reached for. So I've definitely still made progress on this these past few weeks...

...And What I've Perhaps Not...

  • I actually managed to make use of everything in the Project Pan this month - yay!

What I've Used Up...

  • Maybelline Snapscara Mascara - This mascara really started to dry up the past few weeks, so I brought in a newbie to try this month (and I've actually really been loving it)!
  • MAC Extended Play Mascara - This mascara is my go-to for my bottom lashes and recently, I'd started noticing it getting more and more dry and less effective than usual. So, this month I switched it out for a brand new tube!
  • Maybelline Hyper Easy Eyeliner -  Another staple in my collection that I noticed was getting dry and empty this month - and so switched it for a fresh, new one - was this liquid eyeliner!
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray - In the last week this setting spray spritzed out for the final time and again, with this being a staple in my stash - I immediately replaced it with a new tube!
  • Elf Hydrating Camo Concealer - This has been a favourite concealer for me in 2020 and my most recent tube of it is now all used up and empty!
  • Primark Lip Liner in 'Toast' - I've loved, loved, LOVED this lip liner this year and I think that shows in the fact that I've already worn it completely down to this tiny, little nub. It's so small that any last remaining product left (which really wasn't a lot at all) actually fell out the other day when trying to sharpen it - so I knew it was finally time to say goodbye...

2020 Round-Up...

As a whole, at the start of my Project Pan 2020 I introduced a total of 9 Products. Of these, throughout the year I managed to use up 4 of those items, 3 got decluttered along the way due to lack of use and 2 stayed till the very end - having made a lot of progress on them both!

I also introduced a lot of new items as we went along too - as I either used products up or removed items from the project. In total, I added 18 New Products to my Project. Of these, I used up 14 of those - which I'm pretty happy with! I also used up a good amount of products that I didn't have officially in my Project Pan, and were more just 'makeup empties'.

So, all in all - a good result I'd say! Not only did I use up a lot of makeup products in 2020 - both in the Project and outside of the Project too - I also made a good amount of progress on others too. Whether that means using them more consistently, creating a bigger dent in them or 'hitting pan' - I've managed to make some form of progress on a wide portion of my collection this year. I'm so pleased with the outcome of this series and it's safe to say I'm very interested in perhaps doing something similar in 2021, so keep your eyes peeled...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS