navigation

Friday 29 January 2021

January: The Love List



It's time for my first Monthly Favourites of 2021! I tried a good handful of new products this month and have definitely come across some new firm faves as a result - so let's just get straight on into it!


BH COSMETICS WEEKEND VIBES 'BLUEBERRY MUFFIN' AND 'AVOCADO TOAST' PALETTES - Ever since trying out the BH Cosmetics Mimosa Palette a few months back, I have been eager to try out more from the brand - especially in the eyeshadow palette department! Back at the end of November, when Black Friday was going on, I decided to pick up these two palettes (also from their Weekend Vibes Collection) as they also really appealed to me and this month, I finally got round to giving them a go. And let's just say - they're both the same, great, high quality as the Mimosa Palette and I love them just as much! Avocado Toast is a stunning array of greens and rich, earthy neutrals; whilst Blueberry Muffin is an all-out blue affair with pops of rich burgundy tones thrown in for good measure. I've been super pleased with looks I've created using them both, they're such stunning colour schemes! And as for the formula, you've got super pigmented, blendable mattes that combine together beautifully; creamy, sparkly shimmers that are super foiled and reflective on application. Most of the shimmers do apply better with a finger or dampened brush, but as that tends to be the case with most shimmer formulas nowadays, it really doesn't matter much to me...

BH COSMETICS LIQUID LINEN LIPSTICK IN 'CHRISTY' - Whilst I was picking up those palettes, I also chose out this liquid lipstick from BH Cosmetics - and I also got round to giving this a try this month too! I remember MakeMeUpMissa wearing this shade in particular in a video months and months ago (I think it may have been when she was testing the Mimosa Palette herself!) and I really loved both the finish and colour of it. So, I thought I'd throw it into the haul - and I'm really glad I did! This is your classic, matte liquid lip formula that goes on glossy, but quickly dries down to a powdery matte finish. But, though it is full-on matte in look, it doesn't feel at all dry, heavy or uncomfortable on the lips at all. It also doesn't make your lips appear super dry and cakey either. Colour-wise, this is such a gorgeous, rich raspberry pink that's right up my street and it applies fully opaque in colour in just one coat. What's not to love?

OFRA X SAMANTHA MARCH START INSPIRED HIGHLIGHTER -  The final item of my Beauty Bay Black Friday Haul was of course this highlighter from OFRA - and I figured, I'm trying everything else this month, so why not finally give this beauty a try too? I adore my OFRA X Nikkie Tutorials 'Glazed Donut' Highlighter - a super icy, pearlescent shade in such a creamy, blinding, glowy formula - and I knew I wanted to try more of the OFRA Highlighter range at some point. They're just as amazing as everyone always made them out to be! I had my eyes on 'Star Island' and 'Pillowtalk' - and then I saw they'd collabed with another YouTuber, Samantha March, to combine both of those shades together into one pan! So, it made perfect sense for me to buy this format to get both shades, for the price of one. And so far, I love it! 'Star Island' is a stunning light golden champagne whilst 'Pillowtalk' is a super pretty, light, icy pink. Both work just perfectly for my paler skin-tone (I love using either shade alone, or tapping between the two to combine them together) and both have that same, amazing quality as 'Glazed Donut'. Super intense and blinding, yet really creamy, smooth at the same time. There's no chunky glitter or shimmer to be seen - just a radiant, sheeney glow!

SUPERDRUG ARGAN HEAT THERAPY ARGAN OIL HEAT PROTECTION OIL - Having blonde hair, taking upmost care of it is a big priority of mine - and that includes using a good, nourishing hair oil! I was in the mood to try something new this time, so picked up this offering from Superdrug's own brand as it had pretty rave reviews and so far, I can certainly see why! I like to use this as I always do with products like this - before drying my hair and also before I style it - and I love how it makes my hair both look and feel. My hair appears super shiny and healthy and also feels really soft and smooth too. It makes styling my hair easier as it helps calm frizz and keep my hair in place nicely too. What's not to love?

SOAP AND GLORY SCRUB 'EM AND LEAVE THEM BODY SCRUB - It's no secret that I really enjoy the body scrubs from Soap and Glory and this version was one I actually hadn't tried before - so when I was in need of a new one, I knew this was one to go for! And like all of the others, this is a really good scrub. 'Gritty' enough to get the job done, but still without being harsh or aggravating on the skin - and with a lovely fragrance to match too! You might think with its pink packaging and colour that this scrub would have the Classic Pink scent, but it's actually a little different from that - but it's still very lovely!

So there we have it - my first monthly favourites of 2021! It's only January and I definitely found some new utter gems this month...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS