navigation

Wednesday 31 March 2021

March: The Love List



It's time for my March Favourites! I tried a lot of new makeup- this month, so there's not really much else in other departments to report - but shall we just get straight into it?


REVOLUTION CONCEAL AND HYDRATE FOUNDATION IN 'F2' - I used to adore this foundation, but after the newer Conceal and Glow came out late last year, it quickly replaced it. Because the two foundations are so similar, I soon fell in love with the newest Revolution foundation and moved onto that newer formula! However, once that bottle was all used up, instead of repurchasing (at least, for now) I decided to go back to an old favourite that I had a back-up sitting in my stash - Conceal and Hydrate! And let's just say, I've rediscover exactly what made me so obsessed with this foundation in the first place. A good, medium-buildable coverage that sits so smoothly on the skin and leaves a nice, glowy finish (but without any glitter to be seen!) - what's not to love?

REVOLUTION PRO SUPREME HIGHLIGHTER PALETTE IN 'ICE' - Again, I used to really enjoy this highlighter palette a while back but it's only through doing a particular eye look this month where I wanted an icy blue glow for my inner corners and browbone, that I picked it back up again. I used it for the look in question and have quickly fell back in love. The centre champagne gold is just stunning, whilst the light pink and light blue are great options for when you want a highlighter with a slightly 'coloured' undertone - and all have great formulas too! Pigmented, creamy, glowy but not glittery...

W7 TOTAL ECLIPSE PALETTE - I picked up this palette after MakeMeUpMissa was raving about how good of a dupe it is for the Huda Beauty Mercury Retrograde Palette. I have always lusted after that palette, but the £60 price tag has always put me off - so I was more than happy to buy this near-identical copy from W7, which came in at just £6. And whilst I obviously don't have the original to compare to, the quality of this offering from W7 is pretty damn good! The mattes are admittedly not the best quality I've used (they're easy to blend and pigmented enough, but not amazingly so) but the shimmers are most definitely the stars of the show. They need a fingertip or damp brush to apply, but they're so creamy, intense and reflective! So, for that alone, I am more than happy I picked this palette up. A nice taster of the  Mercury Retrograde colour scheme, with pretty decent quality, but for only a fraction of the price...

BARRY M HOLOGRAPHIC EYE TOPPERS - I have wanted to try these eyeshadow toppers from Barry M for years. They've been around for a while now and yet, for some reason, I haven't picked them up! However, a recent Missa tutorial finally pushed me to make the purchase - as I really wanted to recreate the look myself. And I'm so happy I did, as they're just as brilliant as everyone always made them out to be all this time! I like to simply take some off the applicator on a flat brush to make for an easier and more controlled application and they work like a dream. Applying any of these over the top of your eyeshadow adds just that extra somethin' somethin' - you know? They don't crack, fade, crease or crumble throughout the day (especially when applied with a separate brush to ensure you don't apply too much at once) and they just look so pretty and eye-catching - I love them!

LA GIRL SHOCKWAVE NEON LINERS - I have really gotten into kohl pencil liners again this past year or so - these days, mainly for adding a pop of colour in the waterline! I really loved the Barry M Hi Vis Liners, but these ones from LA Girl have always had rave reviews and are pretty much just as affordable, so I finally picked some up. And so far, so good! Creamy, pigmented, easy to apply and in such a pretty variety of bright colours too! They also last pretty well in the waterline throughout the day too...

MAYBELLINE SKY HIGH MASCARA - This mascara from Maybelline has been getting so much hype online and finally, I decided it was time for me to give it a go myself - and I really like it so far! It's no secret that I love the classic Lash Sensational Mascara from the brand and this one being a sort-of extension to that line - I had high hopes it'd be just as good. And it really is. This adds so much length to my lashes, whilst also adding just the right amount of thickness and volume at the same time, all whilst ensuring no clumps in sight! The formula's such pitch black and once dry, stays put on the lashes without crumbling, smudging or transferring throughout the day. I'd say this gives my beloved Lash Sensational a good run for its money...

MAYBELLINE LIFTER GLOSS IN 'AMBER' - I tried one of these glosses from Maybelline last month and enjoyed it so much, I picked up another shade to give a whirl! This is another classic mid-toned nude, but this time, with a slightly warmer, more peachy undertone. The same fabulous formula as before - super glossy, but not sticky and really comfortable and hydrating on the lips - and the colour is really lovely too. I can never get enough of a good, nude gloss and this one looks to be another good'un!

So there we have it - my March Favourites! A very makeup-heavy month, but with some definite new staples...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS