navigation

Friday 23 April 2021

New In Makeup Haul!



With the shops finally re-opening up last week, I headed straight into my local Boots and Superdrug to pick up some new makeup bits. Over the last three months when things were shut, I'd happily been shopping online, but the past few weeks I'd built up a list of things I was eyeing up and figured I'd wait to be able to shop IRL again. Plus, a trip to good ol' Primark was well-overdue...

First off, I picked up a couple of new face primers from Collection. I was just glancing at some of the stands in Boots, spotted these - and quickly added them to my basket! They are the Primed and Ready Hydrating Primer and the Primed and Ready Protection Primer. Both claim to be hydrating, nourishing bases for your makeup; whilst the latter also supposedly helps protect against pollution and environmental stressors at the same time! Having more dry skin, I personally love a good, moisturising primer before going in with my foundation - so fingers crossed these two will work well for me.

I also picked up a couple of new foundations, well sort of. I say 'sort of' as they're both very different to the type of foundations I generally buy and wear. I generally like a good, medium-buildable coverage base that I can dial up or down with my concealer but with the Summer coming up and lots of light coverage foundations popping up here, there and everywhere right now - I thought I'd give a couple that seem to be well-received at the drugstore a try! They are the NYX Bare With Me Tinted Skin Veil in 'Natural Soft Beige' and the Barry M Fresh Face Foundation in 'Shade 2'. I have often thought in previous Spring/Summers how I'd love to have some lighter, more tinted moisturiser-esque for using in the warm weather and so, I'm really glad to finally have a couple in my stash. I also picked up another of one of my favourite concealers - the Revolution Conceal and Hydrate Concealer in 'C1' - as my current bottle is nearing its end and I'm not sure if I have a fresh one in my back-up drawer. Not new, but still a very necessary purchase!

NYX also recently released some new kohl eye liners (the Epic Wear Liner Sticks) and with me slowly but surely getting into these again - especially for my bold, bright, colourful eye looks - I decided to pick up a couple of shades which filled some blank gaps in my collection. I chose 'Pure White' (as I really needed a classic white), 'Deepest Brown' (as I was needing a rich, chocolate brown) and then I threw in a wildcard - 'Dusty Mauve' - as this matte, light dusky rose hue really appealed to me. Fingers crossed these are a good formula!

Then, finally, I picked up some new nail polishes from good ol' Barry M. It's no secret that I love the Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints and every Spring/Summer, they tend to release a brand new crop of colours - of which I always tend to pick up a few, depending on what shades catch up eye and fill spaces in my collection! I picked up 'Pineapple Punch' (a warm orangey-yellow), 'Blue Margarita' (a  mid-toned, cornflower blue) and 'Jalapeno' (a rich, foresty green). There were a couple other pretty colours in the collection but these three were ones which I felt would be new and unique to my stash, so really looking forward to getting them onto my nails...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS