navigation

Monday 31 May 2021

May: The Love List



Somehow, it's nearly the end of May - my birthday month - so you know what that means. It's time to do a little show 'n' tell of all of my beauty favourites from the past month! A very makeup-heavy month, but with a new haircare love that I really feel could become my new holy grail...


THE PASTEL ROSES SINGLE SHADOWS - A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided to place my first order on The Pastel Roses (a UK indie makeup brand). They were everywhere a few months ago for their 'Autumn Love' Chameleon Pigment but I never ended up looking into the brand beyond that. However, the past few weeks I've started hearing more and more people talking about them again and this time, I spotted they also do a whole range of individual pressed shadows! After having a good look of their website for the first time, I saw so many that took my fancy - so I ordered a couple to try, along with a couple of the pigments (one being the infamous 'Autumn Love' of course!). I've only got round to trying the pressed shadows so far but the fact I've already made another order (including more shadows, plus a magnetic palette to store them all in) hopefully speaks volumes as to how impressed and in love I am so far. They're so pigmented, creamy, metallic and intense. I find them to pick up and apply the best with a fingertip (and then perhaps a small flat brush just to get to the edges if doing a more precise look) but that really doesn't bother me as it tends to be the case in most shimmer formulas these days. All of these shades I picked up are duo-chromes (they also do super shifty multi-chromes aswell as more 'regular' shimmers) and the flips are really strong and so special and unique to my collection! I've always wanted to find a brand that I can create a palette of 'special' shimmer shadows from and I'm so happy I seem to have found one in The Pastel Roses. Keep your eyes peeled for my thoughts of the loose pigments when I try those (plus the other pressed shadows I've bought too!)...

L'OREAL AIR VOLUME MASCARA - I remember using this mascara a good couple years ago and loving it and when I was in need of a new mascara recently - this was the one I picked up! L'Oreal as a whole generally do awesome mascaras and this one is certainly no different. This adds a load of length, volume and thickness to my lashes - all whilst still separating out my lashes and ensuring no clumps at the same time! Two coats and the jobs all done and though I don't think this formula claims to be waterproof, it holds perfectly in place without smudging, flaking or transferring all day long...

BEAUTY BAY MATTE LIPSTICK IN 'FRECKLE' - Beauty Bay launched a range of their own lip products a while back and though I was very intrigued at the time, I simply never ended picking anything up. However, over time I've heard some good things about their Matte Bullet Lipsticks - this shade, 'Freckle', especially. It looked to be the perfect, neutral nude tone that was neither too light, nor too dark - just what I look for in a good nude lippie! So, I picked it up and I have been loving it ever since. Though it's a matte formula, it glides on with ease, with full pigment and gives a shine-free finish to the lips - but without feeling uncomfortable or looking dry!

NYX XXL LIP LINGERIE LIQUID LIPSTICKS IN 'TURN ON', 'PINK HIT' AND 'KNOCKOUT' - I also tried these lip products from NYX this month - and they've also become firm favourites! The original NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks were fan favourites a good few years back. Back at the real peak of the matte liquid lippie hype, everyone was all over them, myself included! So, when NYX announced they were re-releasing them, all re-formulated, with new shades and new packaging - I was definitely interested. I was really happy to see more variety this time, with not just a range of nudes, but also pinks, oranges and reds - so I picked up a selection to try. I love a good bright pink lip, so those were first on my list and I of course had to try one of the nudes too. All of them apply fully pigmented, and quickly dry down from super glossy to fully matte. They definitely feel more comfortable and lightweight than the original formula and I'd say the longevity of them is improved too. They really do stick around until you say so, and require some effort in removal at the end of the day! I'd be interested in trying more of these...

COLLECTION PRIMED AND READY 'PROTECTING' AND 'MOISTURISING' FACE PRIMERS - Collection, for such a super affordable brand, continue to make some pretty great products. Along with Barry M, I'd say they're up there with my top favourite super cheap brands (that have stayed super cheap too)! I spotted these new face primers when browsing Superdrug (in-store for the first time in a long while!) a few weeks back and I thought I'd give them a go. I love a good hydrating primer and that's exactly what these two claim to provide - and one even has added environmental protecting powers! Both really do give a nice, nourishing base for my makeup, giving my normal/dry skin an extra moisture boost. I have no issues with applying my foundation over the top and my makeup lasts impeccably throughout the day!

FUDGE HAIRCARE EVERYDAY BLONDE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER - I have used the OGX Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner as my 'regular' shampoo and conditioner duo for years now. However, it's becoming increasingly difficult to get hold of (I think it may well be being discontinued) and even that aside, I was in the market to try something new and hopefully better. Having highlighted blonde hair, taking the best care of it I can is super important to me - both in terms of colour and condition! And whilst I love a proper purple shampoo for when my hair really need a toning, on the regular I like a nice duo that is catered towards my blonde hair, but without being too harsh. And after a good searching, this range came up! I've heard the purple shampoo from Fudge is really good and quality wise, they're meant to be a really good brand in terms of qualities and ingredients. So, I decided to give this 'everyday' version a try - it sounded just like what I was after. And so far, so good! These help keep my colour in check, without making it too ashy and cool-toned and my hair also feels really silky, smooth and healthy after using them too. And it looks so shiny! All in all, I'm impressed and I think these will be my new regular haircare duo from now on...

So there we have it - my May Favourites! Let me know in the comments what you've been enjoying this month, I'd love to know! I can't believe it's June next month and we're approaching the mid-way point of the year already...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS