navigation

Wednesday 30 June 2021

June: The Love List



June has nearly drawn to a close and it's time, once again, to talk through all of my beauty favourites! I have quite a small, but select amount of products this month and without a doubt - they're all amazing finds! Let's get right on into it...


REVOLUTION X SOPH ROUND THREE COLLECTION - SophDoesLife released her third collaboration with Revolution this month and having picked up (and thoroughly enjoyed) her last two collections - I instantly knew I had to pick this latest release up too. I chose out the main, big palette - called the Super Spice Palette - one of the highlighter duos (I chose the lightest shade, 'Sugar Frosting') and the lightest lip kit of the two on offer - 'Candy Icing'. The palette is your typical rainbow palette - packed full of bright, bolds and colourful shades, with a few neutrals thrown in for good measure too.

THE PASTEL ROSES SINGLE SHADOWS AND LOOSE CHAMELEON PIGMENTS - I continued using, loving - and buying more of - the single shadows from The Pastel Roses. They are just stunning and I know that they're now a staple in my collection for whenever I want a popping shimmer on the lid and perhaps the palette I'm using hasn't got what I'm looking for. Not only that, this month I finally got round to trying their Chameleon Loose Pigments and they are equally gorgeous too. Not as tricky to apply as I feared they perhaps would, with a good quality glitter glue (see below) and a steady application - you're good to go! There's a little fall-out, but as long as you do your eyes first you'll be fine to just clean it up and once it's applied, there's no drop-down throughout the day, which is the main thing to me! And it's all more than worth it for the finished result - they are just amazing. For such a textured, intense and reflective loose pigment, they feel so lightweight and comfortable on the eyes and don't look overly chunky on the lids. LOVE!

NYX GLITTER PRIMER - And the glitter primer in question that I've been using to apply the loose pigments? This one right here from NYX! This is always the one that gets a mention whenever people talk about good glitter glues and it really is a good'un. Easy to apply, makes glitter application fairly easy and fool-proof and keeps it stuck firmly in place all day long!

BARRY M THAT'S SWELL PLUMP AND PRIME LIP PRIMER - Barry M Lip Rehab is one of my favourite lip treatments/balms and so this new version - which claims to both hydrate the lips, prep them for lip colour and also plump them up too - caught my eye! While it's not noticeably plumping and doesn't feel overly 'tingly' like a lot of plumping lip products do, it does make my lips look and feel really nice and moisturised and I find whatever lip colour I apply over the top looks super smooth and even in application!

MAYBELLINE SUPERSTAY MATTE INK LIQUID LIPSTICK IN 'HEROINE' - These liquid lipstick from Maybelline are some of my favourites and this month, I tried out a brand new shade (well, to me)! This bright, corally-orange red is such a stunning, bold lip colour. The same amazing formula as usual from The Maybelline Superstays, it applies fully opaque in one coat and quickly dries down to a finish that whilst is not fully matte, matte, is fully set and locked into place. It's almost like a patent effect, that retains a slight shine but without being glossy and moving around, if you get what I mean!

So there we have it - my May Favourites! Let me know in the comments what you've been enjoying this month, I'd love to know! I can't believe it's June next month and we're approaching the mid-way point of the year already...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS